* * *

With her arms crossed over her chest, Martha said, "Well, it looks like the same old Earth to me, on a Wednesday afternoon."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Hold on, hold on, let's have a look."

After using– what looked like to Annabelle– a screwdriver on the machine, the Doctor hit the machine with his hand a couple of times before the image of a woman had appeared on the screen and the woman on the screen had said with a smile on her face, "...and the driving should be clear and easy, with fifteen extra lanes open for the New New Jersey Expressway."

When the image on the screen had changed to show them a city, the Doctor said, "Oh, well, that's more like it! That's the view we had last time. This must be the lower levels. Down at the base of the tower. Some sort of undercity."

It was then that Martha asked him, "You've brought us to the slums?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Much more interesting. It's all cocktails and glitter up there. This is the real city."

With a shake of her head, Martha said to him, "You'd enjoy anything."

The Doctor replied, "That's me." Then– with a turn of his head– he said, "Ah, the rain's stopping. Better and better!"

As she started to walk after the Doctor, Martha asked him, "When you say last time, was that you and Rose?"

With a mere raise of his eyebrows, he told her, "Um, yeah. Yeah, it was. Yeah."

With furrowed eyebrows, Martha asked him, "You're taking me to the same planets that you took her?"

With a mere shrug of his shoulders, he replied, "What's wrong with that?"

In turn, Martha said to him, "Nothing. Just ever heard the word 'rebound'?"

While Annabelle had only snorted to herself in response to Martha's words, one of the nearby machines had opened up to reveal a man, who said to them, "Oh, you should have said! How long have you been there?" Then– after tapping his hand on the counter– he said, "Happy. You want happy. Happy!"

Then another machine had opened to reveal a woman, who yelled, "Customers, customers! We've got customers!"

Then a second woman said, "We have business."

While Annabelle had silently eyed the three of them with narrowed eyes, the man yelled, "Happy, happy, lovely happy!"

Then the first woman said, "Anger. Buy some anger!"

Then the second woman said, "It's mellow, makes you feel all bendy and soft all day long."

With a nod of his head, the man said, "Don't go to them, they'll rip you off. Do you want some happy?"

In turn, the Doctor said to him, "No, thanks."

With a nod of her head, Martha asked the Doctor, "Are they selling drugs?"

The Doctor told her, "I think they're selling moods."

Martha replied, "Same thing, isn't it?"

It was then that the three vendors had turned their attention over towards a young woman that was making her way over towards them and started to yell at her all at once, only for the young woman to walk towards the third vendor, who said to her, "Come over here, yeah. And what can I get you, my love?"

The younger woman told her, "I want to buy forget."

The older woman told her, "I've got forget, my darling. What strength? How much do you want forgetting?"