c.32- To be helpful

Start from the beginning

Day had approached; they would be having meal with Zane and Isabella.

After clearing every knot, Vera felt comfortable with Ezra more. She knew he was doing these as responsibility.

She no longer needed to doubt his bizarre kindness. "Don't forget my plan"

Getting out of the car when they arrived, Vera reminded in a low tone. "I won't"

Ezra flashed a slight beam.

"Welcome, uncle!" Beneath a wide grin, Isabella welcomed the man.

Zane stood there by his wife's side, eyes landing on the woman across. "My, my, how have you been?" Vera queried.

"We are doing fine. I am glad you accepted my offer, uncle"

Although, Isabella replied to the woman, it still appeared she cared about Ezra only. "I did not. My wife did"

Yet, Ezra's harsh retort brought the silence above them. "Ah... Ahaha"

Now, Isabella could only laugh as if it was a funny joke. "Let's step inside. She prepared many for you two"

Thankfully, Zane changed the topic. He could not stay in the awkward silence.

"Wow" The dishes were full on table. It was no different from the feast.

"Bella, did you make all of these?"

Curious, Vera asked after settling down beside her husband. "B...ella?"

However, the nickname she addressed, stunned Isabella so that her face twisted. "It is tiring to call full name"

A chuckle escaped between Vera's lips. Causing the woman's jaw to clench.

"It is a pretty good nickname, aunty. I love it. And yes, I made all of these" Isabella forced a grin upon.

"Zane Kingston, you have yet to greet me" All of the sudden, Ezra voiced out loud. Attracting the three's attention.

"We are not some strangers to greet every time, uncle" Zane retorted.

"Didn't you learn manners?"

Ezra replied, maintaining the intense eye contact with his nephew. It was stiff.

So stiff that Isabella felt like suffocating, unlike Vera who wanted to cackle.

The way Ezra stepped on Zane in a second was satisfying. Look at Zane, his face was covered in annoyance.

"Ahaha, my apologies on his behalf! He has been stressed with company works lately. His mind is immersed in works. Even I barely see him nowadays"

Isabella came to rescue her husband out by putting the excuse front.

"It is the busy week for him. Please forgive him, uncle" She added up.

Pouting to soothe the man's irritation. It somehow annoyed Vera. She could not stand this white lotus act of hers.

"Eh? Bella, shouldn't newlyweds be spending time together for now? Are you sure he is busy with works only?"

Vera's lips curved up into a smirk. Her query dragged the table down to silence.

"What nonsense are you spouting?" Shaken, Zane shot a death glare.

"Don't be mad. I am just teasing you two. Why are you overreacting?" Vera let out a chuckle. On other side, Isabella gulped.

Strange vibes were wandering off.

"Make sure to spare time for your wife, Zane. Women can get bored easily"

Vera's lips formed into a smile while Zane quieted down over her warning.

This couple had been attacking him since they came in! Why the heck did his wife invite these two over anyway?!

"I would never get bored, aunty! I am a loyal woman!" Isabella frowned.

They had started having meal, yet the chat was full of sarcasms and insults.

"Well, as long as you trust each other, the marriage will go on all fine" Vera's words affected the two, pretty much.

"My husband has his trust in me so do I. That's the secret of our strong marriage"

Under a smile, Vera looked up at the man beside while Ezra returned a beam.

It was such a rare sight to see him smiling that often. Even Zane knew it was odd. "I envy you, aunty"

Isabella claimed, pouting.

"Ahaha, you are flattering me!" Wagging her hand, Vera chuckled to herself.

There was no way she would say 'Awwn, don't be. You are perfect already'.

"By the way-" Moving her arm, Vera accidentally shoved the juice glass onto Ezra's pants. "Oh my god! I am sorry!"

She gasped and Isabella jumped up. "Are you all right, uncle?!" As if her love of life got injured, she threw a question loudly.

"I am so sorry" Vera apologized. Ezra had yet to utter a word though.

"Grab some tissues for him, Isabella. Don't just freeze there and stare"

From the side, Zane instructed. "I don't think tissues will help" Vera declared. And the woman grasped the chance.

"Why don't you change, uncle? Zane has new pants he has never worn before. I am sure you don't want to sit in that"

Isabella did not show any hesitation when it came to golden opportunity.

But what's more confusing was that Ezra nodded in agreement to her words.

"I will be waiting here" Vera mumbled.

"Honey, talk with aunty for some minutes. I will take care of uncle"

Though she was niece-in-law, Isabella showered more care upon Ezra. "Shouldn't I do that?" Zane scowled.

"It is fine. You are exhausted from work already. Have your meal" Like that, Isabella led the way as Ezra followed.

Leaving Vera with Zane at the table alone. Silence conquered again.

But the man began to speak; "I thought uncle had kicked you out already"

The query fell upon.