c.32- To be helpful

Start from the beginning

Responsibility? What a joke. No one had helped the stranger to hurt own family members. That's a silly persuasion.

This man, was he humiliating her?

The sight of the woman's body trembling with fury, clenched the man's heart.

He gritted his teeth. No. She got it wrong. She had yet to trust him fully.

"I am serious. I will offer every help you need. Slap him, punch him and even ruin his life; I don't give a damn. He has done you wrong. He deserves to be punished"

Ezra stated. Causing the woman to lift her gaze. "Tell me, if I kill him, will you accept and observe him suffering?"

For the first time, Vera's voice covered in frustration. It even surprised the man.

As if the always playing around woman never existed, she expressed the anger.

But could you blame her? She had all the rights to be exasperated. This was the consequence of Zane Kingston's fault.

It left the victim miserable, irritated and starving for the taste of revenge.

"Vera..."

Murmuring the name softly, Ezra stood up from the seat. He approached, just to kneel down across the woman.

"I have told you already" He frowned. Seizing her hand to prevent her from hurting herself with such tight grip.

"No matter what the circumstances are, I am willing to provide you with everything you need from the side. Be it countless lives of people, I don't care"

The words from Ezra wavered Vera's heart entirely. Her eyes widened.

It felt so wrong to hear but she loved the way he supported her despite being Zane's uncle. Should she be delighted?

The warmth embraced the woman through the freezing raining day.

He made her feel as if the world rested in her palm. Like a man ready to pave a way for her to walk upon. How powerful.

"Please allow me to be a part of your plan, Vera. I want to be helpful to you"

Ezra ended up begging the woman, let alone getting upset at her for lying to him. Rather, he asked her to take him in.

A smile spread across the woman's face as her eyes filled with tears.

He accepted her.

Knowing well her body and her mind were disgusting, he held her tightly.

Vera could not help but cried in bliss. It was so wonderful. Only he could make her feel this way. "Vera, what's wrong?"

Panic hit Ezra once the woman began to cry. Did he say something wrong?

He promptly stood up. Embracing her as she did not return a word to him.

More likely to say, words were stuck at the throat. She continued to sob in his embrace, holding onto his shirt tightly.

This man might be doing these as the responsibility to clear the family's name or whatsoever, still, it warmed Vera.

Both the rain and temperature might be heavy and frigid that day.

But they did not bother the couple at all. Ezra hugged his wife with unsaid words floating on his mind. He remained silent.

Meanwhile, Vera sobbed under the man's warmth. Things turned out fine.

There was nothing to concern anymore.

"Shall we go?"

The next day, Vera headed to the living room where her husband was waiting.