Chapter 7 - The Storm

I started to feel tired. Daily. I would sleep 8 hours and wake up feeling like I slept for 5 minutes.

Joshua started to worry but I knew it was nothing.

I knew it was just burnout. From what? No idea, but it was burnout.

We grew close in such a short span it felt like heaven.

But the feeling of him trying his hardest to help me, to make me happier, to help me rest.. It made me so much sadder.

Knowing he was wasting his time was killing me.

I tried to get him to stop, he wouldn't. He pulled back with the trying but he didn't stop.

Eventually though, he moved into my apartment.

Snake and all, I thought it was amazing.

And he went to a bug breeder, bought Jey a girlfriend. I think he picked her because she's missing part of her leg.

But the way he wouldn't let me help with moving, the way he forced me to stay in my apartment while he did it..

When he was done, that night, he held me closer than he ever has.

I could hear his heartbeat, feel his chest move with his breathing, his hands moved along my back, and my head.

He refused to do more than kiss and cuddle me.

We had already had sex plenty of times but he refused to do it because of the burnout.

Burnout.

Was it even a burnout?