2.8

'She moved her fingers. Uska haath hila. Aunty...uncle......please doctor ko bulaiye,' shouted Shikhar. Everyone gathered around Sana and saw her opening her eyes while Sidharth stood in a corner nervously.

'Puttar, tu theek hai. Kahin dard to nahi ho raha' Sana's mom asked with happiness and concern interlaced in her voice. 'Wahe Guru ki Mahar' her Dad thanked God. Shikhar again held her hands 'Pata hai tune kitna dara diya tha humne. Ab main tujhe kahin nahi jaane dunga, bas tu idhar se seedhe mere ghar chalegi...maine mummy ko bol dena hai ki unki bahu ekdum changi ho gayi hai'. Sana smiled looking at her family and Shikhar 'Bakwaas mat kar, aise hospital ke kapdo mein thodi karungi main shaadi. Mere liye designer lenga khareed' she replied softly smiling at Shikhar making everyone chuckle. 'The real Sana was back but have I lost my Sana?' thought Sidharth.

Sid was stuck in his position, he was scared, scared of loosing her, the only girl he ever loved. After a while when everything settled Sana's eyes fell on him; she frowned looking at him. She could see love, concern and fear in his eyes; she felt a pinch in her heart looking at him; unknown to the feeling she asked what Sid was dreading the most 'Amma..ye kaun hai?'. Suddenly, everyone in the room acknowledged Sid's presence. 'Puttar ji, ye aapke dost hai. Sidharth' Sana's Dad reminded her. She tried recalling but failed 'Dekha to hai, but sorry abhi pehchan nahi paa rahi' she said with a sorry expression. 'No worries, tum abhi theek hui ho. Yaad aa jayega agar jaroori hoga. Abhi ke liye chalta hu. Take care Sana.' Sid left before he would have crumpled down in front of them. He was crying for loosing someone he could never have. Sana saw him move out of the door, a sudden fear engulfed her, she did not know why but she wanted to stop him, her heart felt like loosing the most precious thing. But he had already left, left her wondering.

***

'Sid beta, Kya hua? Sab theek to hai' Rita Maa asked looking at his disheveled state, red eyes, grown beard 'Chal andar aa'. He hugged her before she could pull him inside the house. He was crying in his mother's arm but the pain was not reducing by even an ounce 'Why can't she choose me' he asked. His mom was broken seeing his condition, she had never seen Sidharth in so much pain, so helpless. She took him to his room and laid him on her lap, caressing his hair 'Kaun hai? Kab hua ye?' she asked. 'Sana' was all he said, his mother stopped him when she saw his voice choking again 'Baad mein...abhi so jaa'.

It was evening when Rita Maa again came to Sid's room. 'Abhi theek hai. Ab baat karein?'. Sid nodded his head. 'Did she cheat on you?' she asked with concern. 'No...wo bhool gayi mujhe'. Rita Maa was confused, 'I met Sana, she had memory loss, I took her in and took care of her. I don't know when we fell in love but one day she remembered everything of her past but forgot about me. I lost her Maa. I lost her' he narrated dejected, sobbing again. 'To phir milo usse. Make her fall in love again. Aise haar kyu maan rahe ho' Rita Maa consoled him. 'She was engaged...uski shaadi ho gayi hogi ab tak. Last time I saw her..she looked at me like a stranger...bhool gayi mujhe' his pain was visible in his eyes 'Main wapas uss ghar mein nahi jaa sakta...wo ghar hamesha uski yaad dilata hai. I want to come back home.' he said crying. 'I want to forget about her..just like she did but wo kabhi mere dil dimaag se nahi nikalti. Kya karu maa?' he pulled his hair frustrated. 'Baccha shaant ho jaa. Aditya ghumne jaa raha hai europe, tu bhi chala jaa...naayi jagah par jayega..naye logo se milega. Dheeme dheeme sab theek ho jayega' Rita maa suggested. Sidthart nodded his head not knowing what he should do to help him out of this deplorable state.