Chapter 21: Cliff Face as Ever?

Start from the beginning

Subaru then stopped, as he drops the boy in his hands, finding himself tuckered out. Y/N flipped the grassy lands, before he slowly sat up, but not before another blast of wind was sent his and Subaru's way.

Y/N: So... That demon still follows us... Huh.

Subaru: I... I think we should continued to go Y/N!

But Y/N didn't listen, as he looks over at the direction in which Ram had shown up, he found himself holding both of his fist yet again.

Y/N: Ram! You... I thought I could trust you!

Ram: Trust me!? After this? You and your friend already lost that trust a while ago!

Y/N: Yeah... And you lost my trust after you killed Mai!

Ready to fight... Yet something held Y/N back... Or... Someone, as Y/N was thrown to the side.

Subaru: Y/N... Snap out of this! You... You have to survive... For me.

And after that, Subaru's head came clean off, as it landed in Y/N lap. Subaru's body then fell back.

Watching as another person Y/N grew up with had fallen... Y/N was paralyzed. He hadn't know what to do now, with his sister and friend gone... But then something popped into Y/N's head.

Y/N then got up and ran... He ran as fast as he could, escaping into the forest.

Losing track of where he was going, he didn't care, all he knew was that he had to run... Run so that he could live.

He continued to do so until he found himself stumped. He found had ran out of forest to run from, as a cliff was presented in front of him. He peered down the cliff, finding sharp spikes at the bottom. He could just... Jump... But... Then he would be betraying what Subaru had said to him.

He then remembered another thing, the fact that he and Subaru were cursed with the act of returning by death. Y/N then peered down the cliff once more, finding that fact that he could just rest this horrible, twisted nightmare... But his bones rattled, as he just couldn't for some reason.

He began to think about another thing that could've happened, which would be him permanently dying, which made him shake even harder.

In any case, Y/N laid back onto the dirty ground, exhausted and tuckered out from running for so long. He then found his eyes slowly shutting, before he then found himself asleep.

???: Oh Y/N... Sweet Y/N... You have returned.

Y/N immediately gotten up from his chair, the the place he was in was distorted and messy.

Not Kaya: So... You learned that I... Am a hate fairy... Right?

Y/N: Bring me Kaya... Not... You!

Not Kaya: Funny... But that's not how you bring her back, dummy!

The thing that wasn't Kaya then flew over to Y/N, who panicked and picked up the chair to defend himself.

Not Kaya: Aww. Don't you want to... Entertain me..  or at least... Learn something new?

Y/N: No... Return to whichever hell you came from and bring back Kaya!

The thing then shrugged, as she then flew back to the seat in which she was sitting in.

Not Kaya: Man.. you mortals are so boring... Though who cares, honestly... If you aren't going to accept my proposal, then I guess I could strip you of your... What did you two call it... Return by death?

Y/N gasp, before throwing his chair to the side to join the messy void.

Y/N: What? Y-you can't do that!