5

It had been a week since the two had seen eachother. Seeing that Leilani was in school and Sunoo was on break from work, the two didn't mind that much.

They didn't mind that much but they still felt the missing presence in their life, despite only knowing eachother for less than a week.

"HANBIN!" Sunoo yelled from outside his window.

Hanbin leapt up from his position in his bed and ran to the window. What the hell? Kim Sunoo had come to see him first?

"What do you want? Come in, the doors open!" Hanbin yelled as he opened his window in order to lean outside. Had sunoo never heard of a phone? Texting? Why was he creating such a commotion by being loud?

"Tell me where Leilani's school is!"

"Do I look like Google maps to you?"

"No...maybe. Just tell me please, it's life or death" sunoo begged from the pavement below. Bro was desperate.

"Are you dying of boredom? Don't annoy Leilani. Just come and hang with me." Hanbin suggested, beckoning the boy to just enter his house without putting up a fight.

"Didn't you tell me yesterday that you have to study? For your final? And that you couldn't afford anymore distractions?"

"I hate you Kim Sunoo. She should be at the local library right now."

Sunoo got onto the floor and hailed Hanbin as an overdramatic way of saying thankyou and then took off in a speedy run

"That kid..." Hnabin shook his head and shut the window, going back to his 'studies'

-

Leilani sat in the dead centre of the library, seeing that she couldn't get her usual spot by the window since the building was so packed.

"Can that guy be just a little more quiet?" Someone from the other side of the room whispered to their friend.

Another student from across the room muttered not-so inconspicuously "why is he so loud damn."

Leilani didn't know what was going on, but she had to agree. Whoever this person was, he seemed to be creating too much distractions.

Some boy wearing a dark blue hoodie and a mask chose to sit down directly Infront of her.

"Finally he found his friend."

Leilani looked up from her laptop and saw a familiar boy.

"Sunoo??"

The cheery boy smiled at her happily and nod his head. "The one and only, how's your day?" He spoke a little too loud.

"SHHHHH!" Multiple students sighed from the room

"Sorry....How was your day" the boy apologised to everyone before re-directing his attention.

"Good, How'd you know I was here?" The two new friends hadn't even exchanged contacts yet, let alone talk about their personal life.

"I have my ways darling."

Crickets sounded the room. "Gosh that was so cringey..." A boy whispered to their friend

"Hanbin?" Leilani chose to ignore the boys weird way of friendliness

"Hanbin." Sunoo confirmed. "So. Leilani, I was literally so bored today. And I wanted to eat chocolate but my sister stole my stash. And my mum wanted me to clean the house but I don't even live there so why should I..."

"Sunoo..." Leilani interrupted his little rant "I really need to finish this." She gestured to her work pile

"Oh" sunoo realised that he was interrupting something serious. "How much longer will it take?"

Leilani thought for abit as she chewed on her pen. "What are you willing to treat me to?

Since when did the boy agree to treat her to something?

"Oh, I see. This is your way of bargaining your time, isn't it?"

The girl nod her head in confirmation.

"Well... Seeing that your pencil case is dying.." the boy gestured to the musty case "and your pencils are destroyed..." He picked up a wooden and mechanical pencil "and you don't even have a protective cover for your laptop..."

"OK! Ok I get it." Leilani didn't feel the need to sit there any longer and get demolished by Sunoo. "I'll finish up in 15, can you wait that long?"

"Perfect. I can wait."

Sunoo, infact, could not wait. Literally two minutes in, he pulled out Leilani's mini stapler and stared to puncture a library book. A library book of all things.

After being told off, he stole a pen from the girls pencil case and started clicking away noisily. For no reason at all.

When he was told to stop that too, Sunoo whipped out his phone and played a video. While he had no earphones in.

Leilani couldn't take it anymore. Sunoo had lied. The boy was so restless that he couldn't go without making noise for two minutes. There was no way he would survive the remaining time sitting in the library.

"Here." Leilani whipped out her card from her wallet. "Go treat yourself to chocolate. There's a vending machine outside."

Sunoo looked incredulously at the outstretched hand containing the card. "Is this real? Why are you doing this"

"Because you're noisy and I know you can't pass up this opportunity."

Sunoo gracefully accepted the card. "You know me so well" he cooed and smiled. "I'll wait outside the library, come when you're done."

Sunoo walked out. No one would ever know that his mind kept lulling over the fact that his new found friend had looked so pretty with their curly hair tied up, their cute glasses that Sunoo had never seen them wear before, and how their thick brown turtle neck had made them look so cosy and cuddly.

Needless to say, Sunoos face hadn't taken long to turn red.

And with that, the girl was finally left alone to complete her due tasks. For now.