Zara had just run up from the infirmary of all places, giving up on trying to beat her sister at Clue (Andy had won an absurd amount of times, it was seriously embarrassing). She had tried to ignore the feeling of the ship rocking and was trying to keep her mind and eyes focused on every wince and cringe that her redheaded, stubborn older sister made. Jason, who had given up on Clue a long time ago, had followed right behind her, his hands braced on her waist when she tripped on a stair, nearly falling backwards.

Only Percy was having any luck. He stood by the centre mast, his hands extended like he was on a tightrope. Every time the ship tilted, he pushed in the opposite direction and the hull stabilised. He summoned giant fists of water from the ocean to slam into the larger waves before they could reach the deck, so it looked like the ocean was hitting itself repeatedly in the face.

With the storm as bad as it was, Zara realised the ship would've already capsized or been smashed to bits if Percy wasn't on the job.

Jason staggered towards the mast, pulling Zara with him. Leo yelled something—probably something about the two of them needing to stay downstairs—but her boyfriend only waved back. They made it to Percy's side and grabbed his shoulder.

Percy nodded like 'sup. He didn't look shocked, or demand that the two of them go back to sickbay, which Zara appreciated. She knew that if Andy were here, the situation would be different.

Percy could stay dry if he concentrated, but obviously he had bigger things to worry about right now (aka a certain redhead). His dark hair was plastered to his face. His clothes were soaked and ripped, and the golden necklace he always wore was crooked on his neck.

He shouted something in their ears, but Zara could only make out a few words: "THING...DOWN...STOP IT!"

Percy pointed over the side.

"Something is causing the storm?" Jason asked.

Percy grinned and tapped his ears. Clearly, he couldn't hear a word. He made a gesture with his hand like diving overboard. Then he tapped Jason on the chest.

"You want me to go?" A strange, happy, almost prideful smile blossomed on Jason's face, like he had just been given the best gift in the whole world. "Happy to!" He shouted. "But I can't breathe underwater!"

Percy shrugged, like he was saying Sorry, can't hear you.

Then Percy ran to the starboard rail, pushed another massive wave away from the ship and jumped overboard.

Zara glanced at Piper and Annabeth. They both clung to the rigging, staring at the two boys in shock.

Zara gave Piper and Annabeth two thumbs up, which was followed by Jason throwing up a peace sign with a reassuring smile.

Jason staggered to the railing and looked up at the storm. Winds raged. Clouds churned. He raised his arm and summoned a lasso of wind. He lashed out with his wind rope, searching for the strongest, most ornery ventus in the storm.

He lassoed a nasty patch of storm cloud and pulled it in. "You're serving me today."

Howling in protest, the ventus encircled him. The storm above the ship seemed to lessen just a bit, as if the other venti sensed Jason's power.

Jason levitated off the deck, encased in his own miniature tornado. Spinning like a corkscrew, he plunged into the water.

Zara sighed, pushing yet another piece of hair away from her face. Andy had braided small braids near the front of her hair, so they would frame her face, and they were dangling over her eyes, tangled with the rest of her wet hair.