02.2

[act two; chapter two     -     war games pt. 1]

 1]

Cassia Storm is not a simple person, nor is her life simple. She has fought since the day she was born to survive, and every day after that. She has loved and she has lost. She had experienced the pain of losing her twin brother to a horrific accident that could have been avoided, and her sister just several years later. Not long after that she had lost the love of her life, left completely alone with two young children, oh so naive and innocent.

Well, Zara was at least, but not Andromeda. No, not her little star. The redhead had always been quiet and closed off. The older she got, the harder her shell became. It only broke down around a handful of people: herself, Jason Grace, Zara, Reyna, and possibly a few others over time. She had always been so focused on fighting and training, never giving herself a break, one that she so desperately needed. She had watched over the years as she began to break, slowly crumbling into pieces.

Just like her niece, Cassia had been given the gift of prophecy, though hers was much stronger than Andromeda's. She could close her eyes and imagine a person and it would show them, sometimes in the future, the past, sometimes even the present.

So she did just that. With her eyes closed, the daughter of Apollo whispered, "Andromeda Achillea."

It materialised behind her eyelids, showing her exactly what she wished.

Her niece, now sixteen, nearly seventeen, was sitting in a building Cassia quickly recognised as a school. Her red curls were even curlier than they had ever been before, and reached her mid-back. She had bangs now too, fluffy and curly, perfect for her. Her amethyst eyes were focused on the teacher as he spoke, but there was a dullness to them, one that the blonde had seen far too many times.