30. Is This My Life Now?

The next morning, Matilda woke up next to Harry in her bed. It was so surreal to her that he was actually here in New York with her. So was her dad! It was under unfortunate circumstances however which did make her feel bad, but nevertheless she was glad to have them here with her. 

She gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom. She and her brother go back to school today. She brushes her teeth and cleans her face then goes to wake her brother up. After getting Miles up and having him start to get ready, she goes back to her room to start getting ready herself. As she comes in, she sees Harry sitting up. He smiles at his girlfriend. 

"Good morning, beautiful." 

She smiles and closes her door, locking it behind herself. "Morning, Harry..." She says followed by a yawn. She starts looking through her drawer for something to wear and Harry comes up behind her, wrapping his arms around her. "I hate you have to leave..." He said as he kissed her neck softly.

She blushes a bit and leans back into him. "I do too... but I only have two classes today so we can spend the rest of the day together." She said and he nodded. "I'll just explore the city then while I wait..." He whispered into her ear. 

She giggles and gets out of his arms, knowing that if she didn't now, she never would. She changes into a short pink plaid skirt and a loose white button up. She puts on one of Harry's pink jackets and some pink heels. He laughs at her wearing his jacket. 

"You want that now, don't you?" 

She nods and kisses him sweetly. "Please?" She asks and he nods. "Of course, angel. You can have it." He said with a light laugh. She hugs him then Miles knocks on her door. She goes and opens it. 

"Ready?" She asked her brother and he nodded. "Yeah. Hi, Harry." He said and Harry smiled a little, ruffling his hair. "Hey, kiddo. Ready to go to school?" He said. Miles nodded and Matilda smiled. 

"Let's go, Miles. Bye babe, I'll come pick you up after my last class." Matilda said. Harry gave her a quick kiss and nodded. "Bye, dear." He said. 

As Miles and Matilda walked to the car, he laughed a bit. "You two kissed." He said and Matilda laughed, shoving her brother playfully then they get into the car. Matilda took Miles to school then got to her own. 

Once she arrived, she was met with her friend Poppy. "So... do you have anything you would like to talk about?" Poppy asked. Matilda sighed and looked at her friend. "Look, I am sorry, but I couldn't risk people finding out... I really wanted to tell you, really, but I just couldn't." She said. 

Poppy nodded as they walked into school. "It's ok, I understand. That is really cool, though. I can't wait to hear all about this." She said. 

They walked into the school and everyone flocked around Matilda. She didn't even know who most of these people were. Poppy frowned. "Ok, people, go away, give the girl some space." Poppy says. Matilda squeezes by her friend and they make it to their class they luckily shared together. 

"Oh my God... is this my life now?" Matilda asked Poppy. Her friend looked at her then at the couple of paparazzi that had formed outside of the school after learning she was there. 

"Yeah, I think so." 

...

Matilda went to her house and picked up Harry. She had paparazzi following behind her and they went nuts at seeing Harry walk out of the house. He got into her car and frowned, taking her hand. 

"Tilly, I'm so sorry." 

She shook her head. "No, dear, it's ok. I will be fine, I can handle it. Well, hopefully. I kind of froze at school but thank God I had my friend Poppy there." She said and he nodded, holding her hand tight as she drove them away. 

"Where are we going?" He asked and she smiled. "Pizza." She said. It was only one word but boy did it make Harry excited. They got to the pizza place and ordered their pizza and Ince they got it, they headed to Matilda's house. 

While in New York, Kevin was meeting with people he could work for so he could try to come to New York more so it was just going to be Matilda and Harry at the house. After eating their lunch, they went up to her room. 

He closed her door behind them and pushed her up against the wall with a smirk. "I've been thinking about this all day..." She whispered in response to his actions as they then moved to the bed. 

...

Matilda arrived at Miles' school to pick up her brother. He gets into the car and sighs. She frowns, just knowing that kids picked on him because of her. 

"Did you have a bad day...? And if you did, was it my fault?" 

He shook his head and looked down. "I miss my dad." He said solemnly and Matilda frowned, not really knowing how to help him. Yeah, her dad moved across the ocean when she was little but she could always visit, she was never without contact with him either. 

"Oh, bubby..." She said as she drove him home. He stared out the window the whole ride home. She didn't know what to do for him and she had never felt more helpless. 

When they got home, Miles went to his room and shut the door. Harry was standing there and tilted his head. "Is he ok?" He asked and Matilda teared up, running into her boyfriend who immediately held her. 

"No... and I don't think he ever will be."