50.

There were always these normal yet exciting days. Today was a day like none before. I couldn't compare it to any I was familiar with, at least currently.

It marked a special day.

Our 3rd anniversary.

After all the highs and downs we went through, I had a somewhat satisfying feeling in my stomach, a warm one that hugged me, it eased me. The milestone was impressive after all the conflict, misunderstanding, and problems we went through. My thoughts were always elsewhere, but they didn't last long in one place before changing to another.

Another day where it was as though I was drunk, with big chunks of being in love in the recipe. I recalled how we grew from best friends to strangers to conflicted to best friends to a couple. The journey was rather long, but it paid out, and I was happy, and somewhat at peace. Such a weird thought to wrap my head around. Sometimes, I thought it was some kind of magic clearing our history—yet with each challenge—we defeated those problems and the hurdles put on our path.

I sat calmly in the grass. Making the few thoughts I had tumble through my head when I catch a break. The blanket of stars wrapped its illuminating light gently around us. I looked up to the moon, and something crossed my mind. There was an interesting spin to the idea. I knew that I wanted to see where it was going.

"Hey Venti," I said, turning my gaze to him as soon as he hummed in reply. He turned to me, "Mhm?" His reply, the low hum, was enough to give me butterflies dancing through my stomach. All of it felt surreal, giddy, and unlike what had occupied my mind before.

I took a deep breath mentally, "What if I say I wanna marry you?" I ask casually, while in my inner world, the entire opposite is going on.

"E-eh?" he stuttered barely. He immediately averted my eye contact. He was extremely red while his voice grew quiet. His cheeks were so flushed that they reminded me of a cherry. Even the tone of his voice and the sweetness he had on him matched such a comparison.

I let him live a little longer in embarrassment as he would do the same with me. I didn't say anything to him, the silence was nice. His embarrassment was somewhat funny, rather than his reaction. A soft chuckle left my lips. Caught off guard by surprise, I hid it behind my hand when I began to grin. He still kept his head low as the suggestion

"Not now.. but in the future, maybe... you little cherry." I said teasing. The giggling that left his lips made me want to memorize it eternally.

After all the little teasing he made me put up with, I got back at him. Rather fair from my point of view as I liked his flustered face that appeared to me rarer than mine to him.

"Y/n.. that's not gonna stick, is it?" he asked. His cheeks were flushed, eyes averting mine all while his hands tried to hide him away from the world.

I smirked when he said that. This was priceless. To see him that way was something I would never exchange for anything. "Maybe," I replied.

He sighed with a laugh,

When neither of us had to say anything for a moment, we kept quiet. To live in the moment was the best thing to do.

When a longer silence interrupted our conversation and dragged his answer out, I felt a single uncertainty cross my mind. What if he thought that idea from before was silly or stupid? He paused to take my hand. His touch was a cure to the sprinkle of doubt I felt for a moment. "I'd gladly accept your proposal for that idea of our future." He smiled,

"You're just the person who keeps coming back to me. Someone who gives me stability and comfort, you just understand me, and I have fun when I'm around you, and I love you to bits for everything you are." I said, hugging him.

He stopped in his tracks, pulling out a silver circle from his pocket. A soft smile curled on the corners of his lips. The cool atmosphere around us was suddenly clearer than before.

"Here take this ring—" He began, holding my hand, "it's a promise ring that we'll marry one day."

A promise ring.

I grinned from ear to ear when he gave it to me. His slim warm fingers brushed mine to put it in place. I pinched my skin lightly to remind myself I wasn't dreaming. This day started great and became so much more impactful. I never expected to come as far as I did.

On another note, I was surprised to see that he carried such an object with him. (After all, it caught me off guard quite a bit.)

I thought about all we could be, all we would do and all we were before. When seeing him in front of me, I saw the person I was certain to share all bad jokes with, to comfort and yearn to be what we dreamt of. From the start, I stayed in reality.

"Yeah, that sounds great for the start," he said. I nodded and sat silently beside him. There were a lot of things waiting for us in the future, hopefully.

And maybe the here and right now wasn't too bad in certain moments like these.

I found my place with him, in the boy who was my first love, who I've searched for and now returned to. In a warm and loving embrace, I found a home in the windborn boy, my first and final destination in love.

The love love born in wind and chaos, amongst everything each challenge was mastered and we'd continue to prove it to the world.

———Fin

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;
Thoughts on the end?