47.

"Fuck, I can't keep on ignoring him..." you mumbled with a sigh following as you grabbed your hair. You had resorted to one of your avoiding strategies—ignoring the problem and the art of procrastination. This time you had ignored him for half of the morning from sunrise to the point where it balanced in the middle.

Your focus remained on the said papers in front of you. You tapped on them repeatedly, while the adrenaline shot through your veins. Until, "Ignore who?" you shrieked and lost your balance only to fall sideways off your chair. 

"Oh goodness, stop scaring me like that" you mumbled holding a hand to your head. It throbbed in pain and you flinched. The stinging sensation in your chest dreaded your energy into the sweet nothing.

Then there it was again.

Silence.

"We need to talk," both of you began. No question, it had to be done. In sync which was the opposite way to describe the chaos that paced you.

A long break of silence.

"I'll help you," he said without hesitation to you.

"But you don't even know what yet," you said, "it could be a murder for god's sake." you were slightly concerned at your boyfriend's unconditional support. Something about it felt bitter—you were used to doing most things yourself.

"I'd still help you figure something out. Besides you could hardly murder someone." he chuckled, his lighthearted joke was true and you sighed. The thought that worried you was money. The source of your current problems—all of it was coming down to the roots.

"But it's a huge sum, I could not possibly pay you back that soon." you protest, thinking he would decline to help.

He shook his head with a smile. Then he placed gently a hand on your shoulder. "We're first and foremost childhood friends before we are partners," he said. His smile reassured you that you didn't have to feel guilty about suggesting to ask for support.

"And I want to help you," he insisted as his hands took yours. A spark of hope engulfed you. "This sum is big for you and if you decline I respect that. However, I can easily pay it off. See it is a gift for your loyal friendship and support, okay? I want your mother and you to be happy." he holds your hands and squeezes them with determination in his eyes.

"Okay?" he asks.

"Okay," you confirm with a nod.

You waited outside on an old moss-filled bench that fell victim to one or two graffiti attacks. He held his phone up to his ear and spoke some words that drowned out for you. With the blood rising to your ears and drumming in them.

"And?" you asked, trying to tame your hope and strangle it before it would destroy you.

He sat down beside you, his gaze fell on you. The only word that left his lips that moment was: "Guess," he smirked brightly. That was nothing he would joke around with, you were certain.

Your eyes went wide, and the blood was pumping through your body ten times faster than before. "You.. you—fucking lifesaver" you clinged around his arm.

"No," you said.

"No?" he said in an amused tone, it was quite evident. You couldn't help, but crack a smile.

"You're an angel," you said, correcting yourself.

"Oh.." when you loosened your grip around him he blushed, his eyes so bright—so cute and lovely filled with life—you wanted to take a picture. His cheeks spiralled into deeper tones of crimson.

You gave him a quick kiss and muzzled your head in his chest—your heart was beating just as fast as his.

——

"A venti size for.. Venti?" the Starbucks employee called, and you snickered—Venti's cheeks went red with a smirk curled onto his lips to hide his embarrassment.

Sometimes you couldn't hold in your laughter about coincidences like these—which was honestly hilarious. He never thought it was weird or hurtful, he said himself often he'd laugh about these kinds of jokes—just like this particular coincidence.

He was pretty flustered and tried to stay serious. He couldn't contain any of his flustered self and improvised. "Yes, a Venti size for Venti," he said with a deadpan shaping his mood. He looked at you, but you couldn't stop laughing as it was extremely funny for some reason. Your stomach was hurting from the lack of strength that came back similar to a boomerang.

"Wait aren't you that idol called Venti?" the employee asked, raising an eyebrow then shrugging it off and minding her own business. "well I must admit it's quite ironic that you and our drink size have the same name."

You paid for the drinks and then let the silence sink in as the two of you walked on your way to a park nearby. The first thing that was exchanged was the least you'd expect.

"So, the Starbucks is good?" he asked, and you nodded quietly.

"I should ask you that—" you said with your eyes wide.

He turned to you and smiled with a playful bow taking his cap off. "Well thank you Ms. L/n."

"Venti," you called softly, "thank you, seriously."

"It's okay. I know what a huge sum that is and while it isn't to me, I still appreciate your gratitude so much. I know that this can save your mother's life. And that's why I really hope it does help" He said with a soft smile.

"If it doesn't, I'll pay you back anyway, but I do hope so. The fact you'd do that and help me like this means the world to me. Seriously." You assured him, taking his hands and intertwining the fingers so carefully as though they'd break.

——✧・゚: ★,。・::・゚☆
RAINEE's NOTE;

Possible double update this week???? 🫡 Yes possibly, besides only a few weeks then this will get the final chapter. (Unless I don't do 2 more double updates it stays that way)

Thoughts on this chapter?