11.

——present

[ 3rd pov ]

Early in the morning Y/n had packed up her most necessary belongings. To her luck, she had received permission to leave the house on a long-term basis in shape of a weekend—she'd be able to spend two days with Albedo and his way too adorable sister Klee, who had waited for the "big sister" to return and give her a hug.

Y/n was all over the moon and back to meet Klee again—and of course, mainly Albedo. However, she and Klee had clicked for different reasons than Albedo and her. She had a chaotic bunch of memories altogether with Klee and safe ones with Albedo.

By blood, they'd never be considered family, but in her heart, they would always be ans that was what mattered.

She zipped her bag up and was ready. A last spare moment was taken to check the belongings' presence and then she finally locked the door behind herself as she left.

——

What she wouldn't have noticed was Venti looking after her figure that melted into the horizon. He came across her traces by coincidence after a sleepless night.

Nightmares plagued him most nights lately.

After all, it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Old times stirred up, but she possibly didn't even remember it. Surely, those details were overwritten and blurry already.

His thoughts skimmed in between flashing from the memories returning to a nostalgia.

But starting from the moment of her appearance, he thought about the words in the group chat.

He assumed that the "piece of chalk" was her current best friend or at least someone close if it wasn't family.

His heart sunk, and he lowered his head. It was odd how often this had happened lately. He brushed it off, just like usually, there was no need to ponder over things that had no priority right now.

He knew once he was too deep in, he would discover trouble escaping.

He took a last glance out of his window before he focused on the notifications of his Twitter account again.

——

As she left the villa, the moment her feet stepped outside, she took a deep breath from mother nature. In mind was the hope that she would be able to forget all the problems for two days.

She waited for the bus at the stop and twisted at her jackets sleeves end. Y/n greeted the bus driver and showed her bus card, then proceeded to sit down on the next free seat. When the bus's engine started, she had to think about the conversation she had with Albedo.

Oh, how she had ended up rambling about that topic, with a spark in her tone. And somehow, no matter how often she apologized for her rambles with a trembling voice, caught up between her stutters, Albedo never once said her interests were boring, neither had he teased her her for her interests. He always sat  still and gazed at her in the most attentive way.

In return for giving her this experience, she listened and asked about his day. In general of anything bothered him and how he was doing.

She was interested- but Albedo preferred to listen (as long as it wasn't small talk) than talking all about his day.

She put in her headset and started to glance in the distant of the early morning. There would've been found no lie if she actually admitted how much she had to think about her work and the inner conflict in certain.