don't dare to jinx some shit

◇———♫———◇

One thing he promised you was the fact he'd visit your mother with you on this coincidental day. He walked along side you while stealing a few glimpses of your figure. A very subtle smile was on his lips. One result of many from simply being fullfilled when he was in your company.

Silence reigned above the both of you. The awkward moment did dominate everything good about the quietness suddenly. The only things that were able to be heard— were cars honking, loud chattering and general public noises coming through the streets as the sun lowered and the moon rose with its stars accompanying it.

The luminous orb lightened up the streets with its silver shine. He seemed flustered which became noticeable at his cheeks turning red like the prettiest tone of the roses. Hues of pink and red spread fast like a wildfire slowly continuing to give him embarrassment.

He stumbled at first over his words as he tried to choose each very carefully. He took a deep breath in that let his lungs refresh. "So about that kiss.. what do we.." he began letting the void take over in between the breaks of his sentences.

The anxiety rising in his chest, made his heartbeat increase. He felt the life force be sucked out of him. When he tried to discover a clear thought that was attached to one string— he knew he wouldn't. So he kept quiet and listened to you taking the lead instead.

"I really seriously like—" he looked at you with a smile, when you cut yourself off. You bit on your lip, feeling now flustered, "no.. I know I love you." you chuckled, the faint sound he recognised echoed in his ears.

"Y/n," he whispered your name like a symphony. He put his courage out on the table, ready to be seen as one of the most vulnerable hes ever been. To expose himself to what was genuine in his heart. "You know I do too," he smiled reassuring you your words. His cheeky smile made your heart melt with such ease. His eyes fell on you. You locked your eyes with his.

"And I don't want us to avoid talking about it—if you're okay with that of course—because I'd dislike it if we just ignored what happened." he explained. While you listened you nodded, "I wouldn't want that either." you agreed quietly. When your mind grew distant to the situation, you considered what you'd want to do.

Where was there even to start? This was a good one compared to other miscommunication scenarios certainly.

"We'll—" you started, but your voice grew quiet as you caught sight of Venti. Who now hid behind a hoodie and a mask.
Your face turned into that of a frown, with your eyebrow raising in confusion.

Your mouth opened, a word was supposed to come out. But nothing ever did there was only the speechless situation.

"..What?" you asked as it was the only word that left your lips that moment.

He chuckled, "publicity? paparazzi?" he asked you sounding dumbfounded. His eyes withdrawing from yours as the both of you continued to have eager conversations. On which the following objects varied from what you originally wanted to discuss. On the other hand it was difficult to get up the courage right now. Especially as he would meet your mother after many years again.

On the way you saw a few people looking after you. Almost as if they recognised your face. A shuddering feeling ran down your back. The chills down your spine couldn't be compared to what you've felt before when imaging this scenario. This was real. The real world and it had happened to you. You looked at Venti who only kept silent, giving you a look, 'that's why.'