Moving On

Three years have passed and Zia has been slowly moving on from the tragedy. While she was unpacking her things for a business trip, she accidentally bumped onto a very familiar box. Before opening the box, she tried her very best to remember where she got it.

"Hhmmmm... This box is really familiar. I wonder... Oh! This was given by Nanny Dolor after Josh's funeral. She wants me to keep it as instructed by Josh."

"Are you ready Zia to face your past again?" she told herself.

"I guess it's about time", she nodded.

Zia slowly opened the box. The red Chuck Taylor pair of shoes greeted Zia. She held both shoes close to her heart and paused for a moment before putting it on the side. Under the shoes were different pictures of Josh. These were pictures of happy memories during their time together and while Josh was growing up. Zia couldn't help but smile at Josh's pics when he was little. "You have always been so cute Josh even if you were still a little boy."

She scanned through the pics and rolled in her bed. All the wonderful memories came back. This time, Zia could only smile and reminisce. She was completely healed from the pain. She has moved on.

As she scans through the pics, one photo specifically caught her attention. This was a picture taken years back in a hospital. The name of the hospital was so familiar. She looked for other pics to confirm her hunch. She saw a picture of Josh flashing his hospital band.

It read,

Josh Mendez

Metro General Hospital

Dr. Vincent Velasquez

Room 229

01/15/14

Zia was stunned. She closed her eyes to clearly remember the date she was admitted at the said hospital.

"Could it be?" a cloud of thought bugs her mind.

Zia opened her drawer to search for some hidden files. She found a long folder with various files attached to it. She scanned through the documents and examined it individually.

She saw a copy of her billing statement while she was admitted to the hospital. She hurriedly looked for the date.

The date of the billing statement was 1/20/14.

Zia could not believe what she just realized.

The sad realization dawned on her that the boy from room 229 and Josh are one and the same. Josh was her angel sent from above even before she knew him. He was the same angel who gave her a chance at life during her lowliest time, and the same angel who gave her sight back to make her see how beautiful the world is.

A tear fell from Zia's eyes. She grabbed a pen and wrote a message at the back of Josh's photo.

She wrote,

"Dear Josh,

I could never repay your goodness nor the love you have shown me. But one thing is for sure, I will always love you. My heart will always beat for you. I love you, now and forever.

P.S. Please wait for me in eternity. We will see each other again when the right time comes. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, JOSH.

Your Zia"

-The End-