Lost

As Tuesday came, Zia couldn't hold her excitement. She wouldn't let go of her cell phone even for just a minute since the time Nanny Dolor informed her of their arrival.

"Just arrived. We're here Zia. You could drop by the house now," a text message Zia received from Nanny Dolor Tuesday afternoon.

"Mom. Let's go! Josh is here. We have to go now!"

"Okay, I'm coming. I'll drive you to their house."

"How do I look, Mom?"

"You look absolutely beautiful. Hurry! Hop on so we can get moving."

"I'm so excited Mom. My heart is beating so fast. I miss him so badly."

Ding dong -- Ding dong -- Ding dong

The gates were opened by the security guard. "You can just get inside Ms. Zia," the guard said.

There was a different kind of air that enveloped Josh's house. When Zia stepped into the gate, the house's main door was decorated with white flowers. Josh's house was full of white flowers.

"I sense a big surprise coming up for you, Zia" Anna teased Zia.

When Zia opened the main door, the entire living room was adorned with white flowers. Zia loved white flowers. There was a big white cloth draping from the ceiling that accentuated the living room.

"Oh Zia, there you are." Nanny hugged Zia tightly.

"Hi Nanny Dolor. The flowers are all beautiful. Where's Josh?"

Nanny Dolor just gave a smile but her eyes were telling a totally different story.

"Nanny Dolor, is there something wrong? Is there something that you are not telling me?"

Nanny was silent for a while, trying to compose herself.

"Come Zia. Let's go to Josh."

Zia slowly followed Nanny Dolor. She wasn't so sure of what to expect. Her mind is telling her that Josh is up to something, a big surprise for her perhaps as evidenced by the white flowers. However, her heart is telling her otherwise. Seems like there is something weird, a bad weird that is about to happen.

"Be positive Zia. What's important is you are about to see Josh. Keep your cool and calm your nerves." Zia assured herself.

As Zia closely followed Nanny Dolor, they went into another room in the house. It was a spacious room and Zia remembered Josh telling him that that room in their house was special to him. It was where he saw and bid goodbye to his parents for the last time. Sad as it may seem, Josh treasured that memory for life.

Nanny Dolor went inside the room first. As the door closed, Zia held the door knob for a moment before opening. She first took a deep breath. Her heart was pounding so fast. "This is it, Zia. Brace yourself." She then opened the door.