Chapter 45: Papa's Death

Start from the beginning

"I know right" Fiorella manages to laugh.

"I have something to tell you" Enzo mutters and she stares at him intensely.

"What is it about?, is it serious ?"

"No, firstly, the officers called, that Gwendolyn had been apprehended but unfortunately she was shot dead when trying to escape from the police," Enzo replies.

Fiorella doesn't show any surprise, she does not feel sorry for that evil woman either, it is good that she's dead, at least her family can have some peace.

Enzo resumes. "And secondly, I will be transferred from here to California, that's after I solve your father's case that is if I don't get my promotion before that,"

Fiorella smiles widely. "I am so happy for you, Guardian angel "

" You are happy that  I am leaving," Enzo utters in an astonished manner.

"Of course not, I am not happy that you would be leaving because I am going to miss a whole lot but I am glad that you will get the promotion, it has been your dream," Fiorella replies and grins.

"Thanks for your support" He smiles and holds her hands.

"It's my pleasure" She sniffs.

"I will miss you so much, you can't imagine how much" Enzo said softly, his eyes filled with love staring into her eyes but she quickly avoids his gaze and retracted her hand stylishly from his.

She is still worried about Tito and a love conversation is not on her mind right now. Enzo sighs defeatedly and frowns.  He looks at her and balls his fist.

'Why can't you love me, why do you have to choose him?'

{A week later}

Tito has been recuperating though his burns aren't completely healed, he can talk and move , he has also been disconnected from the oxygen.

Fiorella brings the children today to visit him, they have been keen on seeing him even Noello, he is excited to see him.

Noello and Noelle stormed into his hospital room, he smiles when he sees them.

"Papa" Noelle screams, she takes a chair close to bed, climbs it then hugs him.

"Oh!" Tito groans because of the pain in his back, he keeps sleeping on his back or resting on it so he can get used to the pain even though the doctor had objected to this..

"l missed you kids so much" Tito smiles and hugs her back.

Noelle hugs him till she's satisfied.

"Papa, I missed you more, did you get a lot of burns?" Noelle asks sadly.

"No, Papa is superman and I don't feel any pain" Tito lies making her jubilate.

"Yipee, I have superman as my papa" Noelle laughs and claps.

He feels a lot of joy with them, he never knew having kids will be, he is loving every minute of it.

"Did you get any burns?" Tito asks worriedly, he struggles to sit up and touches her.

"No," She grins.

"How is the police officer?" Tito inquires, referring to the man that assisted him in the fire.

"He is fortunately fine as well" Fiorella answers with a smile.

Noello stands beside Fiorella, unwilling to show his concern.

"Noello" Tito calls and raises his eyebrows.

"Hi, Tito," Noello answers and coughs.

"I can't wait to go to school and tell all my friends that my papa is superman," Noelle yells and Tito chuckles.

Fiorella pushes Noello slightly, he faces her and she give him a look that means 'Go meet him'

Noello walks to him.

"Thanks for saving us," He said coldly.

"It is my pleasure,you are my kids and I love you " Tito replies truthfully.

Noello grins and hits his leg.

"Ouch!" Tito yelps.

"Papa, does it hurt?" Noelle asks anxiously.

"No, it doesn't" Tito replies and frowns at Noello who simply smirks.

"Papa"

"Huh, baby?"

"What is püssy?"Noelle asks and her parents gasp.

Noello slaps his hand on his forehead, she hasn't forgotten about that word yet.

" Where did you get that from? "Fiorella asks and turns to Noello who shrugs.

" I didn't tell her that, don't look at me "He shrugs and pockets his hands.

" Noello says I won't know till I turn 32"She pouts.

"Noello is actually right" Tito mutters and cups her cheeks, his hands are bandaged but covered by his hospital gown.

"Thank you" Noello grins.

"I don't want to be thirty two" Noelle whines.

"In fact you will be 80 before you get to know the meaning" Noello said and sticks out his tongue.

Noelle's eyes fill with tears and screams"No, that's unfair!!!"

Fiorella goes to her and hugs her.

"Noello you are mean" Tito pouts at him.

Noello winks and smirks.

___

Next day, Enzo spotted Shawnte entering into the hospital and he followed him , they have a tab on him in the police station and he is an accomplice of Tito.

Enzo follows him cautiously to Tito's hospital room.

Shawnte walks in and Enzo goes to the door to eavesdrop.

"Boss" Shawnte smiles at Tito as he enters.

"Shawnte" Tito smirks at him.

"How is your health boss, how do you feel?" Shweta asks.

Most of Tito's body was bandaged and that calls for alarm.

"Well, I feel roasted" Tito laughs but not too deeply.

"Get well soon boss," Shawnte mutters.

"Any news about Evette, Fiorella," Tito interrogates.

"That's the major reason I came here, it is a bit complicated," Shawnte replies.

"I don't like being in suspense."

Shawnte takes a deep breath before speaking. "Her father was Caesar Evette and he was part of the clan, he worked for you and you actually killed him "

"What!!!"

"Yes boss, you killed Fiorella's father "

Enzo's eyes widens in shock and he gasps but covers his mouth to suppress it. .