Lorraine clung to his coat's sleeves until she was stable enough to shift her hands downwards to the handlebars of the crutches, getting a good grip less she falls on her arse. With a couple of re-adjustments, she was now putting all her weight onto the damned things and gazing up at the beautiful home beyond her father's shoulders.

"Thanks for doing this, Dad."

The sudden tone of appreciation caused Malcolm to stop what he was doing to meet her eyes with a warmth taking over his being. He shoved her bookbag and supply bag onto his left shoulder before leaning down to press a kiss alongside her forehead. "Any time, kiddo."

A warm expression painted her features as she eased her way past him.

Malcolm let her hobble to the front of him and towards the small staircase that laid before the doorway.

He only leant a hand when she couldn't heft herself up and onto the last step. But the fact that he was allowing Lorraine to do things her way showed how he had full faith in her capabilities and that he trusts in the eighteen-year-olds' decisions. And he knew that if his stubborn, bullhead, of a daughter wanted help. She would give him a subtle nudge or look before quietly asking to lend her some aid or help, while she dealt with the internal frustration that blossomed when she couldn't do it.

Together they stood before the main door of the Cullen's house and knocked, waiting patiently.

In, what took like a couple of minutes, the view of the glass panel of the door stood a woman of breath-taking looks. Her figure was slender, and it matched perfectly with her model-like appearance. (All in all, Malcolm could see why his youngest son had even attempted to woo her. Because he knew very well who the beauty that greeted them was- the compassionate wife of the kind doctor, Esme Cullen.)

With a tender smile planted onto her porcelain features, Esme Cullen opened the door with a fluidness that bespoke the utter regal, grace, she held.

"Mr. Malarky, Lorraine, welcome. I am so happy to see the both of you." Her soothing tone blanketed the two. "Please, why don't you come inside."

The woman's voice was gentle and full of politeness, which only this saintly woman could offer.

"Oh, don't mind me Mrs. Cullen. I'm just here to drop off Lory... Again, I can't thank you enough for this." Malcolm gave the woman a thankful smile that showed his gratefulness.

Esme tsked his worries and opened her hands to accept the bag of supplies that he had stuffed inside an old duffle bag of Lorraine's. Her honey-gold irises swiveled to said girl, who gave the woman a bright smile in return. With a soft look, she opened the door further for Lorraine and then turned her attention back the form of the girl's father. "She's practically family to us, Mr. Malarky. We adore her presence here at the house and I am sure my husband will want to take a look at her sutures."

A booming voice suddenly echoes around the house, one that was all-too familiar to the now grinning Lorraine, who hurriedly crutched past the smiling Esme and towards the living room area.

Esme watched her go on with a soft laugh, "especially Emmett, Alice, and Jasper."

Malcolm could only stare after his daughter as she disappeared around the corner and into the large space, where a loud crow-like laugh met her arrival.

He couldn't stop the smirk pulling at his lips as he heard that same voice cries out his daughter's name in excitement and joy. "And I'm taking that was the bigger one?"

"You'd be correct," she confirmed as the calls grew louder with the reunion of the two friends. Her red-painted lips were upturned before they fell into a gentle line as she focused on the man again.