𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽

-2 weeks later, Taehyung's POV-

"I can't believe you actually did that whole makeover with Jungkook!" Jin again exclaimed for the millionth time since I got my hair dyed.

I sighed, chuckling after. "Hyung, my hair is back to normal now. Stop going crazy about my whole makeover."

"I was just impressed you could pull of blond! You are truly a beauty model." Jin declared.

"You're the real beauty queen here, hyung." I stated with Jimin nodding along.

"You've been taking your glasses off more too, Tae. What's the reason?" Jimin observed.

I glanced down, trying to control my blushing cheeks. "I think Jungkook likes it when I don't wear my glasses. He can see my eyes better that way,"

"Tae, I can perfectly see your eyes from here." Jimin snorted.

"Yeah, remember to not change yourself for him, okay?" Jin reminded gently.

"I know that! I'm still myself around him," I defended myself.

"I'm sure you are, Tae. I just want you to be yourself and not change to please someone." Jin said softly, ruffling my newly styled hair.

"I know...I promise I'm not doing that. I'm still the nerd everyone remembers." I verified.

"I don't know...I don't think everyone thinks that now," Jimin mumbled.

I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Don't freak out, but I think Jackson's going to ask you to the Spring Dance..." Jimin whispered.

My eyes widened. "NO! WHY--" I tried to lower my voice, deep breathes, Tae.

"Why the hell is Jackson going to ask me??! I want Jungkook to ask me!" I hissed.

"I think it's because of your new appearance, Tae. You may not have your blond hair anymore but I think Jackson's noticed your new look," Jimin said nervously.

I groaned. "Please, don't let this be true."

"Don't worry, Tae. It's just a rumor, I'm sure Jackson won't do that." Jin reassured warily.

"I hope you're right..." I muttered, I really hope Jackson doesn't ask me, I want Jungkook to. I know he's not into that kinda stuff, you know, bad boy rebel and all. But, I still wanted him to take me, it would feel like a dream come true, me in his arms, it would be so romantic.

And yet, if Jackson asks me first...I know I won't be able to say no. I'm just a pushover like that, Jackson's always been kind to me the few times we've bumped into each other, so I can't just crush his heart...or hopes...the thing is though is I don't like him.

"Tae, I already know you. Do not tell Jackson yes if he askes you first." Jin spoke, he knew me so well.

"I-I won't!! You know I want Jungkook to take me." I murmured.

"But you can be a pushover, remember to say no every now and then, TaeTae." Jimin stated.

"Don't worry, I can say no to him." I scoffed, crossing my arms.

Jimin and Jin gave each other worried looks.

"Anyway, enough about me. What was the thing you wanted to tell us, Jiminie?" I asked, he had told us he had something to tell us this morning.

Jimin glanced down, blushing madly and I knew it was going to be something good.

Just as he was going to part his lips, the bell rang.

"Fuckin' stupid bell! Text us what you wanna say later, Jiminie." Jin sighed as we stood up.

"I will!" Jimin chirped with relief.

"You better. Come on, guys, let's get to class." I said, and we walked off to our classes.

-After School-

I sighed as I put my books away, satisfied I had finished all my assignments for today. Even though Jungkook and I didn't hangout as much since I don't tutor him anymore, but we still made time to hangout every now and then, it was nice to get a break from my studies and indulge in fun.

I smiled as I remembered our times together, we've gotten so close, there's no way he doesn't like me--

"Excuse me, Taehyung-ah?"

My eyebrows furrowed as I turned around. "Yes--" My breath caught in my throat, Jackson stood in front of me with a red rose.

Jackson smiled warmly at me. "Hey, Taehyung-ah. I know this seems a little awkward, but I was hoping you would be my date for the Spring Dance."

Fuck, Fuck, no, this wasn't supposed to be happening, this isn't the way I want it to go--

"B-But why me?" I stuttered, trying to think of a way out of this.

"You seem nice, and I want to get to know you better. Annnd, my friends and I made a bet that I couldn't get a date, so please don't make me lose $100," Jackson pleaded.

This dude really just asked me because of money-- "I don't know, Jackson--"

"Oh come on, I promise it'll be fun, I'm sure Jungkook wouldn't mind."

I paused. "What does that mean?"

"I've noticed Jungkook's kind of protective over you, but I'm sure he'll be fine with me, besides, Hanoi is already asking Jungkook and I'm positive he'll say yes." Jackson shrugged.

He's got a point...Hanoi is very pretty, no one would say no to her. Jungkook would say yes to her, I'm no way near her beauty...why am I even trying?

"Anyway, Jungkook wouldn't go with you if that's what you're wanting. I don't think he likes nerds." Jackson tried to joke, if he only knew his words broke my heart.

He's right...why would Jungkook like me? I'm such an idiot for ever thinking he'd like me...

"I guess I'll go with you, Jackson..." I whispered, holding back my tears.

"Great! Thanks, Taehyung-ah, I'll pick you up Friday." Jackson grinned happily, handing me the rose before he walked off.

I just crumbled the rose in my hand, I can't believe I actually said yes to Jackson and why I thought Jungkook would like someone like me.

He's a cool rebel and I'm a nerd.

We'll never be together...right?

______note

Sorry for not updating so much! :(

Oxymoron, out✌