"Fine, then." You stood up straight, and began walking stiffly.

"Normally." He repeated.

You smiled a bit before walling 'normally' like Xander said.

__________________

"They don't have a legal leg to stand on." You heard Alisa's voice as you turned a corner.

You found Avery with Alisa.

"Rest assured, we will shut this down. My father will be meeting with Zara and Constantine later today."

"Who's Constantine?" You asked, joining the converstation.

Alisa didn't seem at all bother by the fact you came in so randomly. "Zara's husband."

Alisa then focused on Avery. "They know, of course, that they stand to lose a great deal by challenging the will. Zara's debts are substantial, and they won't be cleared if she files a suit. What Zara and Constantine don't know, and what my father will make very clear to them, is that even if a judge were to rule Mr. Hawthorne's latest will to be null and void, the distribution of his estate would be governed by his prior will, and that will left the Hawthrone family even less than this one."

"So there's no point in fighting the will." You sat next to Avery.

"Correct."

"How long ago did Tobias write his prior will?" Avery asked.

"Twenty years ago in August. The entire estate was to go to charity."

"Twenty years?" You repeated. "Are wills supposed to be written that early?"

"He disinherited his daughters twenty years ago and never told them?" Avery followed up.

"Apparently so, and in answer to your query yesterday, the firm's records show that Mr. Hawthorne legally changed his name
twenty years ago last August. Prior to that, he had no middle name."

"What the hell happened twenty years ago in August?" You were confused.

You weren't expecting an actual answer until Alisa spoke up, "Mr. Hawthrone and his wife lost their son that summer. Toby. He was nineteen, the youngest of their children." Alisa paused. "Toby had taken several friends to one of his parent's vacation homes. There was a fire. Toby and three other young people perished."

You couldn't imagine dying at your age.

Avery questioned. "Why would skye say that Toby disappeared?"

"Bewtween the fire and storm that night, Toby's remains were never definitively found."

"Couldn't Zara and Skye have their lawyer argue the old will was invalid too?" Avery looked into nothing. "Written under duress, or he was sad with grief, or something like that?"

"Mr. Hawthorne signed a document reaffirming his will yearly. He never changed it, until you."

"How long ago was that?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Last year."

Avery stayed silent, deep in thought.

"Now, if you're curiosity has been sated, I would like to return to more pressing issues. I believe my father can get a handle on Zara Constantine. Our biggest remain PR issues is..." Alisa steels herself. "Your sister and y/n."

"Me?" You pointed to yourself

"Libby, and y/n?" Avery was just surprised as you were.

"It's to everyone's benefit they lie low."

"How low?" You thought about if it would be like total lock down or something lile that.

"For the immediate future, I'd advise you to stay at the estate. Eventually, you can think about charity work, if you'd like, but for the time being, we need to be able to control the narrative, and you, y/n, have a way of... drawing attention." Her voice got quieter at that last part.

"Drawing attention?" What in the world would make you so eye-catching?

"My friend can be however he wants to be." Avery said defensively. "he can do whatever he wants. If Texas high society and the tabloids don't like it, that's too bad."

"This is a delicate situation." Alisa replied calmly, "Especially with the press. And y/n..."

"He hasn't talked to the press."

"His classmates have. His parents-" Alisa stopped. "Mr. And Mrs. L/n have. They are all looking for ways to cash in."

Alisa gave you and Avery a stern look. "I don't need to tell you that most lottery winners find their existence miserable as they drown in requests and demands from family and friends. You are blessedly short in both. Y/n, however, is another matter."

"Nothing will happen to Avery, not while I'm alive." You spoke honestly. "Plus if anything were happen to Avery, her sister, Libby, would inherit it."

"We might consider a one-time payment to Mr. and Mrs. L/n. Along with nondisclosure agreement preventing them from talking about you or Avery to the press."

"Of course it's money that'll shut their mouths." Your eye twitched.

"Fine." Avery agreed to Alisa, clenching her teeth."but I'm not giving anything to Drake or y/n's classmates."

Alisa smiled. "Him, Drake, I'll muzzle for fun." She held out two thick binders, handing one to each of you.

"In the meantime, I've assembled some key information for you two, and I have someone coming in the afternoon to work on you two's wardrobe and appearance."

"Our what?" You questioned. Your kind of clothing were just fine, at least you hoped so.

"Unfortunately, you and Avery don't have to luxury of wearing what you want."

"Why me?" Your didn't get get. "I didn't inherit the cash."

"Avery is the real story here, but you are also essential. Looking the part is always step one." Alisa explained.

You took the binder setting it on your lap, and skimming through it. "Just like school." You sighed.

"Where are you going?" Alisa said as you stood up about to leave.

"Doesn't this place have a bowling alley?" You looked at Avery.

*outro music plays*