two | the shakespeare code

Começar do início

The Doctor replied, "Are you planning to?"

With a shake of her head, Martha said, "No."

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Well, then." Then– after turning his back on Martha– he said, "Now, come along, Annabelle. I didn't bring you all this way, just for you to lean against my ship and glare at everyone."

While Annabelle had stopped glaring at those that walked past her and started to glare at the Doctor himself, Martha asked him, "And this is London?"

The Doctor replied, "Think so. Roundabout, um, ooh, 1599."

While Annabelle only silently walked after the Doctor and Martha with a scowl on her face, Martha said to him, "Oh, but hold on. Am I alright? I'm not going to get carted off as a slave, am I?"

In turn, the Doctor asked her, "Why would they do that?"

Martha told him, "Not exactly white, in case you haven't noticed."

The Doctor replied, "I'm not even human and nor is Annabelle over there." While Martha glanced over at Annabelle and saw the way that Annabelle was quickly walking over towards them with her hands tightly clenched into fists and that very same scowl on her face, the Doctor said to her, "Just walk about like you own the place. Works for me. Besides, you'd be surprised. Elizabethan England, not so different from your time."

Then he looked over at Annabelle and asked her, "Remind me just how long ago it was that brother of yours had pulled the dagger out of your heart?" When she only stared up at him, he said to her, "As of the year 1599, to be exact."

With a clenched jaw, she said, "Forty-nine years."

While Martha had only repeatedly blinked at Annabelle and the fact of just how young she still looked, the Doctor said, "Look over there. They've got recycling. A water cooler moment."

With a raise of his hand, one of the men yelled, "...and the Earth will be consumed by flame!"

While the three of them had simply walked past the man, the Doctor said, "Global warming. Oh, yes, and entertainment. Popular entertainment for the masses. If I'm right, we're just down the river by Southwark. Right next to..." After grabbing onto Martha's hand and running up the street with her, the Doctor yelled, "Oh, yes! The Globe Theatre! Brand-new, just opened. Though, strictly speaking, it's not a globe. It's a tetradecagon, fourteen sides, containing the man himself."

While Annabelle slowly made her way back over towards the Doctor and Martha after her choice of not running after them like– what she would consider to be– a complete and utter imbecile, Martha said, "Whoa, you don't mean— Is Shakespeare in there?"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "Oh, yes. Miss Jones, will you accompany me to the theatre?"

With a wide grin on her face, Martha replied, "Mr. Smith, I will!"

With a sigh, Annabelle only shook her head to herself, while the Doctor told Martha, "When you get home, you can tell everyone you've seen Shakespeare."

In turn, Martha said, "Then I could get sectioned."

For a moment, Annabelle paused and stared after them with her eyes narrowed and her hands clenched into fists before she started to mutter incoherent words under her breath and then simply walked after them with a scowl on her face and her veins on display.

* * *

While Annabelle simply eyed those that stood and bowed on the stage to those that had come to watch their performance, Martha said, "That's amazing, just amazing. It's worth putting up with the smell. And those are men dressed as women, yeah?"