Chapter 18

After Winter's revelation of her father's connection to Hydra, she proceeded to pass out in Clint's arms. He and Loki quickly rushed her to the healers. As they ran into the healing ward, Frigga quickly met them at the door.

"What happened?" she asked as she gestured towards a bed for Clint to lay Winter in.

"We were in the library doing some research when she came upon a pre-history of Asgard book. She came across a picture of Tyr." Loki hesitated as he turned to his mother, "She pointed him out as the man who did the experiments on her while she was with Hydra."

Frigga felt tears well up in her eyes. "No," she whispered as she shook her head. "Tyr was many things but to torture his own daughter?"

Murmurs could be heard in the wing behind them, as Loki, Frigga, and Clint turned to look, they were shocked to see Odin making his way towards them.

"Of course Tyr is capable of such atrocities. Do you not remember how he and Hela were during war? He was ruthless; a killer." Odin sighed as he sat in the chair next to Winter's bed. "By the time I could see into the future of my first born, it was too late. The destruction and chaos he created was already in motion. I tried to stop him from leaving Asgard, but Tyr was clever. I watched with my own eye as he escaped through the portal. We tried searching for him in all the nine realms but he found a way to literally disappear."

 Loki frowned, "What do you mean he literally disappeared?"

Odin shook his head, "I could see nothing. Anything myself and the elders, even your mother, tried to do to find him, we found nothing but a blank void."

Clint shuffled back and forth on his feet, feeling uneasy about what Odin had just told them, "That sounds like some weird voo-doo shit."

Loki smirked, "Come again?"

"Witchcraft," replied Clint.

Frigga gasped and clutched Clint's arm, "Oh my sweet boy, you are a genius!"

Clint looked at her, confused, no one had ever called him a genius before. Frigga quickly made her way over to a table that had various jars, stones, and books on it. Picking up a particular book, she brought it over to Odin.

"Is this the portal you saw Tyr go through?"

Odin peered at it, "Yes, it is."

Frigga slammed the book shut and huffed, "I should have known she would have had something to do with this."

Loki and Clint looked at each other, lost in what Frigga was saying.

"Mother, who?" asked Loki.

"Your sister," she replied, "Hela."

Odin's head perked up, "You think she had something to do with all of this? She went quietly when I sent her to reign over Hel."

Frigga rolled her eyes at her husband, "Of course she had something to do with this. Those two were possibly the most conniving and sneaky children ever, worse than Loki." She quickly turned to him, "No offense darling."

Loki frowned and shook his head, "None taken."

Frigga turned back to Odin. "Doesn't it all make sense? Hela was extremely gifted in magic, much like Loki. Tyr's gift was combat, much like Thor. Hela would have figured out a way to create a portal so Tyr would be able to escape his fate. If she brought Tyr to Hel, then that would explain why you could never find him, giving him time to plot whatever chaos he was planning and making his way to Midgard once they knew you were no longer looking for him."

Odin shook his head, "But that doesn't explain why I couldn't find him once he did go to Midgard."

Frigga looked at him pointedly, "Like how you can never see Loki when he supposedly dies?"

 Odin shuffled in his seat uncomfortably. Frigga was right. Odin was never able to see Loki when he would disappear, perhaps Hela had done the same for Tyr.

Loki cleared his throat, "I know that Hela's punishment was to reign over Hel, but what were your plans for Tyr?"

Frigga looked nervously at Odin. Odin stood so he could look his son in the eyes. "Tyr was a mighty warrior but his ego and pride took over. His feelings towards those who were not true Asgardians became clouded. He wanted to destroy Midgard. Therefore, your mother and I planned on putting him in a deep sleep buried deep beneath Asgard, much like Hela's dear Fenris."

Clint looked over to Loki, "That explains it then, why Tyr joined Hydra. His way of reeking chaos and causing death in Midgard."

Loki looked over to where Winter still laid sleeping, "Creating the perfect weapon."

Before anyone else could say anymore on the matter, loud footsteps were heard running down the hall outside of the healing ward. The doors were thrown open with a loud bang and Thor rushed in. 

"How is she?" he asked quickly as he made his way to Winter's side.

"Obviously still asleep," Loki said annoyed.

Frigga rolled her eyes at her son, "She is fine Thor but we have pieced together quite a few puzzle pieces while you were away. Loki can fill you in while I make sure our guests are comfortable. I'm sure the soldier wants to see Winter."

Thor quickly turned with a look of fear in his eyes. "They are not here with me."

Frigga frowned, "But I thought..."

Thor cut her off, turning to Loki and Clint. "When I returned to Midgard, I went to the compound that we left from. It was completely destroyed. Everyone is missing. All that was left was this note."

Clint quickly grabbed the paper from Thor, glancing over it. "Dearest brothers," Clint began to read, "if you would be so kind as to return my daughter to me, I would forever be in your debt. We have much to accomplish and time is running out. If you do not bring her before the next fortnight, your dear friends will forever perish and spend eternity in Hel."

"That got dark fast," Loki murmured. 

Clint handed the letter to Loki, "I'm sorry but your brother is bat shit crazy."

"Now you know why we planned on burying him deep under Asgard," replied Odin.

Thor's head snapped up, "You were going to do what?"

Loki laughed, "Oh brother, we have much to fill you in on. Come, we need to come up with a plan before we lead our niece to her fate."

********

Author's note: First off, thank you to everyone who has been reading! I know it's been a bit slow to get new chapters on here, so thank you for hanging in there with me! Just a few more chapters to go and this story will be complete.

I wanted to let you all know that I have started a Marvel Imagines "book" filled with imagines of all of my favorites. I hope you will check it out!