Chapter 14

**Smut Warning**

Clint found Winter sitting outside of the facility, staring over the cliff at the ocean. Her hands were fidgeting with the hem of her shirt. Clint quietly sat down next to her.

"You know, all my life Hydra would tell me how special I was. Who knew it wasn't some sick game they were playing." Winter wiped away a tear that began to fall down her cheek.

Clint reached out and took her hand into his. They sat in silence, listening to the waves crash on the cliff.

"They want me to go to Asgard, don't they?" Winter broke the silence without looking at Clint. Clint wasn't there for that conversation but he had a feeling that was what was being discussed inside. "I don't want to leave." She turned to look at Clint, "Not unless you go with me."

********

"Absolutely not," Tony said. "There is no way Clint is going with you. What if we need him for a mission? Not only are we going to lose the two Gods but one of our best marksmen? No!"

"Then I'm not going to Asgard, not unless Clint goes with me," Winter replied, crossing her arms.

Thor stepped forward, "Lady Winter, I know this is difficult right now and a lot to understand, but this truly is for your safety. Until we can figure out what is going on with Hydra and how to stop them from hunting you, being on Asgard is the safest option right now."

Winter shook her head, "Not unless Clint goes with me. Besides James, he is the one person I trust with my life and I highly doubt you want James going off world right now." She glared at Tony.

Tony huffed, "You are acting like a child."

Winter suddenly slapped Tony across the face. Clint jumped up and grabbed her, pulling her back. Thor quickly stood between her and Tony, making sure Tony didn't retaliate. He rubbed his face and glared at her.

"You, and you alone, are going to Asgard with Thor and Loki until we know what the hell is going on with Hydra. You won't be returning until we know it's safe. Now if you'll excuse me your highness, we have work to get to." Tony turned on his heel, walking out of the room.

***

Winter was angrily shoving items in her duffle bag when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Fuck off Tony," she yelled.

She heard the door click, "Good thing I'm not Tony," Clint replied as he walked towards her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him. Winter rested her head on his chest. "Are you ok?" he whispered.

Winter pulled away. "Oh yeah, I'm great," she said sarcastically. "I just found out that I am actually Asgardian and not just any Asgardian but royalty whose father is some God who is related to Thor and Loki and I am being whisked off to some other planet until it's 'safe' for me to return."

Clint sat down on the bed while watching Winter pace around the room. She needed to get her anger and frustration out and he was going to let her.

"This is so fucked up Clint!" she exclaimed. "I mean, how the hell did I end up in Hydra if I'm part Asgardian? I thought my life was fucked up to begin with, practically being raised by the Winter Soldier."

Clint stood up and grabbed Winter, turning her to face him. "I don't want to leave the only family I have," she whispered.

Clint leaned his forehead against hers, "You should go to Asgard. I think you will get more answers there than you will get staying here."

Winter pulled away and furrowed her brows, "You want me to leave?"

Clint shook his head, "Of course I don't want you too, but I think you need to. You get the answers you need there, and we'll find the answers here. It won't be for long. Besides, you have family in Asgard too."

Winter began tearing up, "I just don't want to lose you."

Clint gently kissed Winter on her lips, "You'll never lose me. I'll be right here waiting for you," he whispered.

Winter looked deeply into Clint's eyes, trying to take in every detail she could of him. She leaned forward to kiss him. As Clint deepened the kiss, Winter started tugging at his shirt while he started fumbling with the button of her pants. They didn't know how long they would be apart but were going to take in every ounce of each other to fill the void that would come.

Stumbling out of their clothes, they made their way to Winter's bed. Clint gently leaned over her, settling between her legs and propped himself up slightly so he wouldn't crush her. He moved her hair out of her face and gazed lovingly into her eyes.

"I love you so much," he whispered as he slowly thrusted himself inside her. Winter leaned her head back into the pillows and gasped at the sensation. Clint continued to thrust back and forth, emitting the moans that he would miss while she was gone. Winter wrapped her arms around his shoulders, digging her fingers into his back, causing Clint to moan in response.

He wanted to savor every moment of being inside of her, of feeling her body under his. He bit and nipped at her neck and collarbone while his right hand massaged her breasts, emitting even more moans from her. As much as he wanted to prolong this moment of being with her, Clint could feel her coming undone underneath him and his thrusts became faster and more sloppy. As Winter felt the tension in her stomach release, Clint came undone with her, the feeling of his warmth filling her.

Panting, Clint collapsed on top of her, savoring the feeling of being in her arms. They held each other for what felt like hours until they both drifted to sleep. Tomorrow would begin a journey that Winter was dreading and Clint would have to let her go, not knowing when he would see her again.