The Agni Kai (1)

ZUKOS POV

Azula stood across the courtyard laughing. "I'm sorry it had to end this way"

"No you're not" I snapped.

"Your right" She sighed before shifting her whole body as she jumped into the air, spinning, releasing a gush of blue flames heading towards me.

I ran into the flames, the coolest part was in the middle, I knew it wouldn't affect me. I threw punches at Azula as she scaled the roofs of the court. My ember flames whistled as they fired towards her. She was quick and nimble, this made her easily dodge my attacks. "Azula stop running" I yelled.

"You've been running all your life though Zuzu, It must be in the family" Azula teased. "After all Mum did run away from us"

I couldn't take it. I felt the commits power rushing through my veins. I lunched at her, Fire gushing from my palms. "She ran from you and dad" I screamed.

Azula retaliated with multiple flips. "Then why didn't she take you?!" We stopped and circled each other. "If she loved you why did she leave you with monsters like us?"

I felt tears build in my eyes. I heard Katara scream "Zuko she's just trying to break you emotionally, don't give in"

Azula scoffed. "And in the middle of an Agni Kai battle for the throne, Katara of the water tribe interrupts to give advice" Azula narrated. "Why is she even here Zuko?"

I tried continually to get Azula off her feet, I raised my arms creating a circle of fire closing us in together. This way she cant move much. I kicked at her sending endless amounts of fire flying at her. The impact made her fly backwards. I stopped, The circle of fire fell. She struggled to her knees. "What is it Azula? No lightning today? Afraid I might redirect it?"

"You want to see lightning?" She got to her feet and began carefully calculated arm movements, conjuring electricity to flow. I braced myself, if one wrong move now, it could all be over. Azulas eyes flicked behind me. Flicked to Katara for a brief second. And it all happened quickly.

The lightning flew from her and through the air, you could feel the heat. "NOO" I yelled as I jumped in the way of the lightning which was heading for Katara.

The lightning hit my body, flowing through my veins and I collapsed on the floor. I heard Katara scream, it echoed through my ears. I curled in pain on the floor, moving hurt too much. Azulas sadistic laugh grow louder as she walked towards me.

A body hit the ground.