Season 1 Ep 1

Y/N 's pov

I am Y/N Freeman, I grew up in Memphis. I came to Chicago and am happily married to my husband Huey Freeman and lucky to have 4 beautiful healthy children. Huey came in the kitchen and kissed my forehead.

Huey: Morning, Baby.

Y/N: Morning. Where's the kids?

Huey: Getting ready for school.

As soon he said that they came downstairs one by one sitting at the breakfast counter.

Jolena: Ma I don't wanna go to school.

Huey: That's too bad.

Jolena: Dad who was speaking to you.

Huey: Don't get smart it's not too late to get a ass whooping before school.

Jolena: Ugh....

Tokyo: Dad, after school can I go to the skatepark.

Huey: I'll see.

Y/N: Kaiden, Hugee make sure they get on the bus with y'all. Don't leave without em y'all know what happened last time.

Hugee & Kaiden: Aight

Tokyo: Mom we ain't lil anymore. Damn we can watch ourselves

Y/N: Who the hell-

Huey: Watch y'all mouths. Y'all must be energetic or something because y'all mouths doin a lot of talking that's just gonna get y'all slapped.

Jolena: .....

Tokyo: ....

Huey: Go wait for the bus should be in here in the next minute.

They got up from their seats and went outside to wait for the bus. I can't wait for my baby Hugee to graduate this yearrr oh my god class of 2023.

Huey: You okay?

Y/N: Yeah why?

Huey: You need to defend yourself more don't let these kids talk to you any type of way.

Y/N: Oh please, they just talking and plus I wasn't. You know I don't play that disrespectful shit.

Huey: So uhm. I don't know if you heard but we been invited to someone I don't know congratulations party or whatever it is.

Y/N: Oh I didn't heard when is it?

Huey: Tonight and Mimi hosting it.

Y/N: Mimi? Your ex Mimi?

Huey: ...Yeah

Oh hell nah so now he knows how I feel about her. Why he even talking to her anyways. I hate her ass even tho they "friends" she still likes him I know she does but the bitch doesn't have the knowledge to understand that the nigga is married.

Y/M: Smh...

Huey: You know I don't speak to her like that.

Y/N: I wouldn't know that.

Huey: You do tho because you check my phone every night.

Y/N: Because you be hiding shit.

Huey: I really don't. So you going tonight?

Y/N: No

Huey: At least go with me so I won't be alone.

Y/N: Fine. What the congratulations party even for?

Huey: She's pregnant.

Pregnant? That's surprising

Y/N: Oh, wow well that's exciting.