Twelve

Vicenzo De Luca.

When I saw my wife in that state. I felt like the word was crumbling . I was in mental pain. To see my wife, the love of my life shoot, lying in a pool in her own blood was something I never wanted to see ever again. The pain like no other.

Hours passed since she was hurt. All of the family members are at the private hospital we own.

The doctors operated on Thalia immediately and asked me to make a decision. If anything were to happen... They asked of me who to save. The love of my life or our little life we created.

I was sitting on the cold marble floor with my back against the wall. My head hanging low. The only imagine in front of my eyes was Thalia of the marble floor out cold,blood oozing out of her stomach.

,, Vincenzo you need to pull yourself together. "I hear the voice of my dad, but I do nothing.He takes a seat next to me on the floor.

"Your wife needs you, yeah? Your child will be in your arms in a few moments, and Thalia will want you to take care of him for her. Get up, son. You have someone who depends on you,Thalia is strong.She will be alright and pull this off."

I let his words register in my head, and I get myself together. He is right.My child will be alright, and in my arms in no time ,he or she will need me.I get up and .run my hand through my hair.

And like on time the doors open and a nurse exits the operating room. Something or someone was in her arms.

"Who is the dad? "She asks while rocking him.

" I-I am. " I shutter for the first time in my life.

The nurse smiles and looks at me.

"You have a healty son.Do you want to hold him?"I nod my head, and the little bundle of joy is in my arms,in no time, with the help of the nurse. I look at him and see how much we look alike. With my checks, lips, nose, and hair. His eyes open, and I see her eyes. Those beautiful green eyes which make me want to kneel.

"How's my wife? "I ask the midwife when I remind myself of the condition of my wife.

" Her condition is not the best. The C-Section took a lot of the energy she had. She lost a lot of blood, the doctors are trying to save her." And after she trows to me the news that ravish me, she is back in the operating room.

" He is so beautiful. "my mother says, peaking at my son. And I nod my head. Thalia will be alright. I know it.

I roock him, getting him back to sleep.A nurse comes after some time and takes him.

Hour after hour passes, and I don't get any new new information about my wife.

Ameli, my mother, and Clarisa were at my brother baby since she is here. But my brother and dad never left my side and Branson too. They stayed by my side.

The doors to the operating room, open after hours, and a doctor comes to me.

"I have bad and good news."He begins looking warily at us.

"Good news." "I say, looking at him

" Mrs. De Luca is going to be fine. She is stable and she will wake up soon.She is going to make a full recovery. " He announces, making me let put a sigh, but a second later concern crosses my face.If Thalia is going to make a full recovery, then what are the bad news?

"Then what are the bad news? "I say confused.

" The bad news are.... You see, Mr. De Luca. The bullet pierced her uterus.... I am sorry, but your wife will not get pregnant again. She will need a lot of treatments to get pregnant again. And if she does the treatments, it's a possibility to do them in vail. Even if she falls pregnant, it's a possibility to miscarriage or for the fetus not to develop. "