57• |Metamorphosing patterns|

Start from the beginning

----×----

The Diwali week for Manik and Nandini was very happening, given that both of their families were visiting them

The Diwali week for Manik and Nandini was very happening, given that both of their families were visiting them. While they celebrated the functions together, both of them chose to spend the rest of their time individually with their respective families. Overall, their families got along well and they got time to spend with their kids as much as they wanted to as well.

Nandini's family bid their goodbyes on the morning after Diwali and Manik's family did a day later Bhaidooj. Life after those weeks were relatively less chaotic for them but at the cost of getting less time for each other. Manik's venture was very new and required most of his attention and time. Nandini joined work once she was fully recovered and given that her designing work had just piled on, she barely had time to sit and have meals or get a seven-hour sleep.

Weeks passed that way. Cabir was still living at Nandini's place, which did not give them much privacy except when she went to his place. Cabir and Navya had begun their marriage counseling sessions and according to their therapist, it was better for them to keep some space till they work out their issues. Missing each other would make them value each other's presence.

The distance had started to bite them a few days ago when they fought over how the other person wouldn't just budge and come over. Work was tiresome for both of them; at the end of the day, all that they wanted was to lay back and relax for a bit. Visiting each other straight after work drained energy even though they did not live that far from one another. Manik refusing to take a cab to her place and her denying to drive all the way over to his place just exploded their string of patience. That was a bad fight and they spent the next two days stewing in anger withholding their urge to just give in and make up.

Later, when she caved and decided to call him up they fought more over how little time they had for each other. Manik was frustrated because he felt that he had made a lot of compromises when she had a tight schedule but now that he was busy she refused to make any changes to her schedule in any way. Nandini did not understand his anger because she had done nothing new. She was working as much as she did earlier and she was understanding of his busy schedule as well. He did not care for her understanding nature and instead just wanted her to go out of her way to make time for them. She refused to accept that it was just her responsibility. She wanted him to take the blame for their situation as much as she was ready to take.

In that manner, an entire week passed and they did not meet each other even once. Both of them were stressed beyond their endurance levels but work kept them distracted.

When Saturday night rolled, Manik decided that this was enough. They needed to see each other and spend time with each other. That was the only way he could see to lower his stress level. He wrapped up his meetings by 8 pm and finished the rest of the work by 11:30 pm after which he booked a cab straight to her building. Cabir was out of town for that weekend and Manik couldn't thank the stars more for getting that kind of alone time with Nandini.