I let out a chuckle. She must've learned about our date from Cam—but then, was it today? As questions surfaced in my mind, I called Cam.

"Hey, sleepyhead," he said after answering. "Did you sleep well?"

I hummed and asked, "Where are you?"

He stalled a little. "Around," he answered vaguely.

"Tuesday said something about our date. Did you tell her? Is it today?"

"Hmm."

"Where?" I knew I sounded like a lunatic, but it was kind of strange that everyone except me knew about what was going on. I didn't like being in the dark even if it was a surprise.

"Can't tell you—but don't look out the window."

I laughed at his answer. Too obvious, Cam. "I wasn't going to, but now it is rather tempting, Cam." I got up from the bed and walked toward the window. "Are you on the beach?"

"I said don't look," he said in panic. "I mean it." That halted me with a smug grin. "It's a surprise."

"Fine," I said, but I couldn't hide the smile in my voice. I didn't want to ruin his surprise after hearing the enthusiasm in his voice. "When should I be ready?"

"In an hour. I will send Tuesday to pick you up."

I sighed before letting out another laugh. "She'll never stop talking about this, you know, right? She'll forever tease me about this date."

Cam's low chuckle filled the line. "I'll never stop talking about this—about you."

I leaned against the wall, biting my lip. I pressed my hand against my hot cheek. "You can't say things like this," I murmured, though I was dying of happiness. It was a nice upgrade from banter. Though I loved annoying Cam, I guess I loved hearing him flirt with me shamelessly more.

He was just a dream...a dream I didn't want to wake up from.

"Did you blush?"

"No," I lied.

"Liar." Then, he paused a little before he continued, "I'll keep saying things like this, Amberoni."

"Why?"

"Because you love hearing them even when you hate to admit it."

I sometimes wished he hadn't known me like the back of his hand.

"And I love seeing you blush—even over phone."

"I'm hanging up," I stuttered, followed by his laugh. "Bye."

"See you soon."

After we hung up, I shut my eyes and released a breath. I put my hand over my heart, feeling my heart beat vibrating in my chest. Cam loved to drive me crazy in every way.

And you love it when he drives you crazy, my inner voice said. You love him.

With the heaviness of butterflies in my heart, I walked to the bathroom. People say love took your feet off the ground, but to me, it was what grounded you the most—cemented your feet on the ground. And it was heavy in a satisfying way. So heavy that there was no way it could fly away from you.

I took a cold shower to sober up, wrapped a towel around my body and dried my hair. Then, curled it a little to make it wavy. By the time I was trying to pick myself an outfit, I heard a knock on the door. Fastening my towel, I walked up and let Tuesday in.

Her squeals echoed in the room as she threw herself on the bed and shot me a knowing smile. "Tell me what happened last night in detail."

I leaned against the door and matched her smile. I loved annoying her, so I said, "Nothing." And that earned me a pillow thrown at me violently.