biggest fan- scott

"So, lacrosse?" your father noted with a smile, hoping that the introduction of a topic Scott is familiar with would ease the silence around the table. "You any good?"

"Of course he is, dad," you sighed and Scott managed a light laugh as his grip on your hand tightened where it rested on your knee, your free hand delicately trailing up and down his arm to calm him. "He's the best player in all of Beacon Hills," you informed him and Scott scoffed bashfully at your side.

"Far from it," he objected and offered you a small smile before looking back to your dad. "She's my biggest supporter, is all, would tell you I'm the best in the world if you didn't stop her," he joked and you couldn't fight the excitement as your parents laughed lightly.

"You are the best in the world, Scotty," you explained and he'd have kissed you for looking up at him so innocently if your parents weren't right there, settling for a little squeeze of your fingers instead.

"Well, of that I would need some convincing," your father mused as the waiter sat your drink down on the table. "Maybe we could come to see one of your matches sometime, make a whole day of it," he suggested and your boyfriend nodded, doing an awful job at hiding his relief for their approval.