pretty- peter

"You're pretty," you noted from the passenger seat of Peter's car, wrapped in one of his dramatically long coates with a dreamy, dazed expression as you watched him drive.

"What was that?" he mused, fighting to keep his eyes on the road as he desperately longed for just a quick glance at you like this, tired and slightly tipsy from a night out with friends yet still completely in awe of your man.

"Said that you were pretty," you repeated, reaching to wrap your fingers around his forearm as if to check if he was real, check if this was just a hazy daydream, but he was in fact right there and boy were you lost in him. A bright smile managed to sneak onto his lips, only deepening when you shuffled closer to him, snuggling into his side as you kissed a path up his clothed shoulder. "Love you, Pete," you informed him through a yawn, close to slipping into your dreams but trying your hardest to appreciate the new, close-up view of his features.

"You do?" he teased, melting at your eager nod, melting even more when you mumbled incoherently under your breath, desperately attempting to convince him of your affection but there was no need- he knew, you'd never left him to wonder about it long enough for him not to. "Love you too, dove," he breathed, leaning his head against yours when you nuzzled into his neck, barely-there yet still brushing soft fingers up and down his arm, letting him know that you were real too.