𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

3rd ツ

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

the next few days of school seemed slow. it felt like everyone was quiet all the time, and no one was really in the talking mood.

weirdly, only for charlie and harley. who now sat a row away from each other in science as everyone else spoke to one another.

class still seemed quiet though, maybe because charles kept his headphones on, and harley tuned everyone out but either way they were completely wrong.

the seats in between them were empty, and every other seat was filled, weirdly.

the last few days were fairly weird, charles came in with another black eye in which he earned from his father. no one would know that, maybe ronnie if she ever asked.

harley noticed the black eye, and the small limp in his walk too. sometimes she wished he wasn't such a jerk off so she could say, "i'm sorry, charlie."

because lord knows he needs to hear that from someone, but it wouldn't mean much coming from harley.

so she wished ronnie would say that, and she hoped she did. ronnie never did, though.

the bell ringing made it a lot easier to feel better, the second to last class of the day felt the longest but it was rewarding to get through.

charles calmly grabbed his stuff whereas harley scrambled for everything and rushed out, like every other period.

she made her way to photography now and after a full month back in school, harley grew a habit of walking with her head up high again, which was something she liked to do.

her skirt was short today, denim, and she wore it with a patterned collared sweater. her hair was put up low ponytail with a bow wrapped around it.

the small sway was still in her wall, and now as he barley got out of class, charles still took notice to that, almost smiling as he watched her enter photography.

"welcome in." mr. green smiled, the lady's bell ringing just as she set her stuff down, still being the only student not tuning out for this class other than ronnie, who sat two seats from her.

"hi." harley attempted to smile a little, still very much jealous of the people who actually could use their cameras, even though almost everyone in this class wasn't planning on it.

almost the whole class went by in the matter of minutes, with ten minutes left after learning about the many features already known, mr. green allowed everyone to take their cameras and test everything out.

here, harley sat quietly in her own seat, watching everyone else.

"looks like you got your camera back." with a small smile, mr. green handed a sign out form to harley who tilted her head, humming in confusion as she turned quickly.

"hm?" she glanced up, pushing the sign up sheet away, very much hoping this wasn't some act of sympathy from mr. green.

"oh no, i didn't pay, mr. green. i can't." she shrugged slowly, pushing the camera away as well and it was quiet for a moment, other than the students fiddling with their cameras.

"luckily you don't have to." mr. green pushed the sign in form back over to harley, who still stared up at him, and he laughed a little now in disbelief.

"charles lennon the football boy came in to cover it. said it was his to pay for." mr. green shrugged, "so, take the camera home, and keep taking great pictures."

harley smiled now, but she was still confused. he was the last person she expected to pay for her fine, and she didn't even tell him she had to pay one.

without another word, harley took the camera and the sign in form, filling it out and handing it to me. green, all while ronnie stared at her.

charles had never told her he would pay for harley's camera, but then again, if she asked at all maybe he would've.

the bell rang a lot faster than expected today and just like every other period harley rushed to leave, and she was the first to today.

she'd like to thank charles but maybe right now he didn't want that. if there was anyone who understood he hated conversations in school, somehow it was harley.

now she saw him, and he was walking out of the football classroom, and all of his teammates were in the middle of talking to him now as they left in a group.

he still made her mad, but it was nice to have her camera back. he still annoyed her but she was thankful.

one bump from the back from ronnie nearly caused harley's new camera to break again, harley jerked forward and glanced at ronnie who glanced back, glaring at harley before making her way to charles, pulling him along and gripping his hand tightly.

it always felt weird when ronnie did that, and harley wondered why she cared so much. the pictures weren't a big deal, and if it was made obvious that harley pretty much hated charles by now, what was the problem?

maybe all of that stuff mattered, but not right now. the new camera in harley's hands was a little too exciting to forget about. nearing her dads car as she walked past the huge group, she held it up with a toothy smile which reflected easily onto her dad's face.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

:-)