𝘵𝘦𝘯

3rd ツ
filler.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

charles lennon really did question almost every night why he was put in his own body. and it felt wrong, seeing as he was a newpoint, well known quarterback who really did spend his time at school being glorified by everyone.

though today was different. charles found it uncomfortable as he walked into the school this monday, stuffing his keys into his backpack and looking up at everyone through his eyelashes.

everyone stared, and now he felt just what harley did the day she returned to school.

he walked past everyone who neared him, and he raised the volume of his music, his hand securing them onto his head.

from here it was alright, his music nearly carried him through the hallways and it was growing to be nice. the muffled sounds from the hallways were finally dying out, and he made it to his locker somewhat peacefully.

"charlie."

the hand pressed up on his shoulder softly caused him to look over and his face fell a little, making eye contact with ronnie who now gently rubbed his shoulder.

"hi, i called you last night."

she gave a smile after a few seconds, and she tilted her head, moving her hands up to his face to take his headphones off for him, and from there he grabbed them from her grip, taking them into his own hands.

"i was busy last night." he croaked, now placing his books into his locker slowly, glancing at her while doing so.

"well, you can call tonight right?"

"maybe?" he shrugged, his view switching from her to the long dark blue skirt that flowed down the hallway and the girl in it.

she walked comfortably today, swaying a little as she did and holding her notebooks to her chest while walking into the photography room.

"charles?" ronnie softly asked, turning now and barely missing harley who barely entered the room.

"you're out of it today." she smiled, giggling a little as charles' eyes shifted back to her.

"yeah, it's-"

"so can we call today? i have a lot to tell you."

"maybe." charlie repeated, closing his locker and longing for the bell to ring.

to his dismay it didn't, not for another few minutes and after checking his calculator watch he realized that.

he shut his locker awkwardly, leaning against it as ronnie continued to go on about her sunday, and how she took photos with her new camera.

. . .

"and you can't give me a new camera?" harley leaned over the counter, watching all of the cameras that had been untouched.

"sorry, you've gotta pay for the last camera first." mr. green chewed on his granola bar obnoxiously, sipping coffee as well while he read the newspaper in front of him.

"then, you can get one right away." his smile seemed a lot less genuine than the first time, probably because of what happened to the camera at the football game.

harley would like to argue and get a camera, but it seemed pointless. what could a few words do for her now anyways?

she opened her mouth, shutting it and slowly turning on her heels to walk out. as of now it seemed her time in photography would be cut in half, which mostly sucked.

if charles lennon didn't break the camera, she'd have lots more to do during her day.

the door opened just as she held her hand out, and ronnie stepped in along with charles who looked around, meeting harley's eyes and looking away the same second.

ronnie though, kept her eyes on her. just as she usually did.

only now harley shifted on one foot, glancing to the sign in forms for a camera ronnie held, and she awkwardly held her own arm.

"what?" she asked, still as soft spoken as usual, her eyes awkwardly searching the girl in front of her who backed up a little into charles, a small smile forming.

"nothing." she shrugged sarcastically, grabbing charles' hand and leading him forward.

harley walked past her, and she turned quickly to speak to charlie who was already watching her.

"you might be super lucky, but the people you screw with aren't." she whispered, watching as he took his hand out of ronnie's, taking a step closer to harley whom he towered over, staring down at her in concern.

"what are you talking about?" his scratchy voice was the same as it was saturday, and it seemed like that was a permanent thing now.

harley paused, taking a short breath before gesturing to the cameras, and leaving it at that, finding nothing else to say. she turned once again to leave and finally did.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

:-)