𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

3rd ツ

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

going to frost street alone only felt right if harley walked, and she accompanied herself with music.

the walk was a little cold, now that october had hit it was getting into that weather.

her dark red sweater wasn't doing enough, and now as she was halfway there she realized that.

some leaves crunched as she stepped on them, and some didn't. some were soaking wet from last night, as was the dirt.

harley walked alongside the road, taking notice to the fact that the sun was already going down, and her calculator watch read 6:45.

finally making it to frost street, which seemed a lot farther than her father said, harley stared for a minute, comparing the two signs.

it wasn't until another ten minutes passed where she had found the sign that was in ollie's picture. a faint noise of leave crunches had caused her breath to hitch and harley shut her eyes as she slowly turned to look around, bracing herself but harley saw nothing.

"hello?" she attempted to call this out but her voice was way too quiet for anyone to have heard.

as of now, it was quiet. the wind breezed in the perfect way, and harley felt the kind of alone that comforted her. the small patch of grass in front of her was also inviting. this place seemed a lot more peaceful than she expected it to be.

taking her bag off, she sat there, alone and clutching the photo in her hand with a small smile. all of this made her feel like her brother wasn't brutally stabbed, and that was a lot more comforting than she expected it to feel.

she stared at the pile of dirt in front of her, squinting her eyes a little as she took in the feeling, nodding to herself before going on to speak.

"i wish i could stay here forever." still holding the picture, she placed her hands in her lap as she leaned forward, this wasn't ollie's grave but for some reason it felt like it was the second closest thing.

"..football was doing good. don't know if they ended up winning last night but i know that they miss you."

"i take pictures at games again, and that is great-" harley found herself smiling as she talked of this, growing excited to showcase what made her feel cool to her older brother. "feels good. apart from
my camera breaking, i like it."

she had stayed quiet for a minute, giving her brother time to think and process what she'd just said and she took a deep breath, her smile fading in a way that didn't hurt.

fading to take in all of the scenery around her, and how it was not only beautiful but nostalgic, and peaceful. most of all, peaceful.

the crunches of more leaves, laughs from a girl, and the sound of running had broken that. harley turned quickly, her heart stopping at the thought of someone creeping up on her. though her heart sank when she met the eyes of both charles and ronnie, who had been clinging onto each others hands.

charles' black eye looked the same, as did the rest of his face. so did ronnie's, the same look of disgust laid upon her face now and harley reached for her bag, missing it each time until the 4th.