31 / quean

no one is coming to save you
get up and fight

song
borderline
tame impala

——————
Charlie
——————

"Behind the wall!" Octavia shouts, voice drowned out by frantic yelps and screams.

The 100 were pouring back into camp, running and tripping over one another. It was pure chaos, and for a good reason. Bellamy and I had fallen towards the middle of the pack, his hand still gripping mine. I couldn't let go even if I wanted to. We make it into camp, immediately moving towards a watch post.

He steps up first, letting go of my hand and swinging his gun over his shoulder. I climb up, breath quick and short as he studies the trees, tip of the gun steady at his shoulder. Almost instinctively, he shoots a hand out and grabs onto the fabric of my shirt, pulling me closer to him. Bellamy angles his body so that I am practically hiding behind him, only able to see above his shoulder.

"Bellamy?" I whisper, fear edging my voice.

I was terrified, but I couldn't help it.

"What?" He says back, eyes never leaving the forest.

"They're going to kill us, aren't they?"

A few moments pass where he swallows hard and readjusts the gun on his shoulder, as if my sentence made him visibly uncomfortable.

"I got you."

I don't get to respond, but it reassures me and I center myself, taking a deep breath for my focus. Clarke joins us on the platform, her stare also burning into the trees.

"Where are they?" Bellamy mutters. "Why aren't they attacking?"

"Fuck!" I exclaim, making quick eye contact with Clarke. "They want us here."

"We're doing exactly what they wanted us to do." She breathes out.

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy asks, finally breaking his gaze away from the trees and looking at us.

Clarke turns, looking onto the chaotic crowd, Octavia was jogging over, and Finn was standing close by us.

Bellamy and I follow suit, although he keeps my in front of him. The platform wasn't huge, so the tips of my boots were over the edge of the wood.

"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive." Clarke says.

Octavia pips up. "If it's just scouts, we can fight our way out. That's what Lincoln would do."

I jump off the platform, and Bellamy follows.

"We're done doing what that Grounder would do. We tried it and now Drew is dead. You wanna be next?" Bellamy says, still holding his gun as he moves between Octavia and I, forming a line.

Finn was opposite of our line. "That Grounder saved our lives. I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there's one scout out there." He glances between us all, eyes darting up to Clarke and back down at us as he talks.

"One scout with insanely good aim." Jasper pips up from behind and above us.

I look back at the boy. He was standing ground at another platform. I hadn't even noticed he was there.

"We need to fight." I manage to say, forcing myself to make eye contact with O. "We have guns, a minefield. We have a chance. Besides, by now the scouts have already alerted their army that we are back at camp."