What If Most Of The Links Were Married To Fish?

[From Ruto's POV also... Time uses the Zora Mask to become Zora Link]

{One more thing- in this fic, Ruto's crown is the same one that Mipha wears in BotW and Time's in the same one Sidon has. Enjoy the fic!}

I had been waiting a while now for my Link to come home after his strange disappearance. The Zora were missing their enigmatic hero King. In complete fairness, so was I. So, imagine my surprise when a massive splash and a lot of foul language awoke me and stirred my curious spirit. As Zora Queen, I thought I should go and see what was out there and decide whether it was a threat to my people or not. I smoothed my fins and swept off my throne, striding over to the diving cliff, and prepared to jump from it. The Zora who hung around there watched me fall, having complete trust that I knew what I was doing. I flipped over, bracing myself for the water's frost but to my surprise, it was merely cool. I sped through the depths, enjoying the feeling of the water over my scales as I was carried by the current. Lost as I was in my own ecstasy, I almost forgot why I was swimming in the first place. I needed to find the source of the worst swearing I'd ever heard. My sensitive fingertips found the rocky ledge at the edge of the lake and I pulled myself out, showering the ground in crystal droplets of water. I quickly checked all my jewellery was present, my crystal earrings, bejewelled bracelets, a very special silver tiara. Yes, all of them were safe.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I crept over to the exit waterfall, brushing it with my silky skirt-like hip fins. I took a deep breath, steadying myself to walk through the raging waters. Even for a Zora, this was a dangerous place. I'd known many an overconfident Zora who had been swept away by these currents. I'd never seen them again. Hopping through carefully, heart leaping uncomfortably as I slipped on the ancient stone slab on the other side, I gave an undignified yelp as I scrabbled to regain my footing, my smooth scales not doing much to help. I released the breath I'd been holding back while I panicked. A sudden noise caught my attention, and I turned to see a familiar, albeit sopping wet boy standing on the edge of the spiralling path, wringing out his royal-blue scarf. He seemed lost in his task, so I crept up behind him and shoved him in the ribs. His startled scream was the funniest thing I'd heard for a long time. I gave a jovial shout of, "Better luck next time, lover boy!" before diving into the rapids. I swam along the bottom of the river, following the Captain downstream, only to find a makeshift camp set upon the muddy river bank. Nine patched bedrolls, a fire with a chipped pot hung over it and eight boys and men sitting around it, comparing their scars. "What's wrong, Pretty Boy?" One of them drawled, blowing his pink hair out of his face. A boy with fluffy, short brown hair and tanned skin trotted over to the Captain, flicking him in the chest, "You look a little wet... Would you like to tell the Old Man what happened?" 

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"The first one to tell Time gets to choose dinner!" A heavily scarred kid with wild hair and only one ear proclaimed, a mismatched smile on his face, causing another with a wolf pelt to sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose as if he were getting a migraine. I felt like I should know these boys, they had a certain energy about them that reminded me of someone, but I couldn't think who. I surfaced, hoping they wouldn't notice a silver crowned Zora was watching them. I scanned my eyes over the group at least twice before it clicked. The 'Old Man' was wearing ceremonial armour, had only one eye, had blonde hair parted in the middle and was fiddling with a necklace. The Zora Sapphire. It was Link. I was stunned, how had he managed to land himself with eight boys, and all of them were armed to the teeth. I stayed silent, but with a smirk on my face, I listened to their conversation. "Tell me what?" Link asked wearily, like he'd been in this place before. "Nothing, Time!" Chorused the boys like they were completely innocent. ""Anyway," A short blonde kid with a maniacal glint in his eye raised a hand questioningly. "When are you gonna tell us who your wife is? You've been sitting on the secret long enough. I think we deserve to know." Link's face paled slightly and he glanced around the river. I quickly sank to the bottom, I didn't want to be seen yet. "Well, take your guesses. You've gotten nowhere near correct as far. I doubt you'll get it." This sentence seemed to stir a reaction from the others, who began firing names at him. "Zelda? Is it Princess Zelda?" One asked, while another was just listing names he had heard places. "Saria? No? Oh well maybe... Malon? It has to be Malon, you speak so highly of her. There's no doubt."