𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter seventeen ―― blood or not

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter seventeen ―― blood or not

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE FLINCHED EVERYTIME SHANE OR DARYL WOULD HIT THE DOOR – they both had an ax – but the door wouldn't budge

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE FLINCHED EVERYTIME SHANE OR DARYL WOULD HIT THE DOOR – they both had an ax – but the door wouldn't budge. Still, they didn't give up. She bit at her bottom lip again, to the point that she reopened the cut and blood trickled down her chin but she didn't seem to notice as she watched the guys tirelessly hit the door, trying to get through. She looked over at Jenner, who seemed too calm for the situation. Maybe it was because he knew this was coming all along, but she didn't understand how he was okay with taking all of them with him when they clearly didn't want to die.

She pushed herself up from the floor, Mason and Josh both watching her as she took careful steps towards Jenner – she wasn't limping but that was only because she made the conscious effort not to. He looked up at her as she neared him, her hand shook a little as she reached for her knife. Then she jumped towards him, her knife drawn.

"Charlie, no!" Mason jumped up, running towards them and he pushed the girl back.

"He deserves it!" She fought against him, not caring much about the pain in her ankle or her shoulder. "He's willing to kill all of us! His death shouldn't be quick!"

"Charlie, stop!" Mason pushed her back and she slammed her shoulder into him, knocking him backwards.

"They're children!" She shouted up at him, her knife still in her hands as she pointed at Carl and Sophia who sat with their mothers on the floor. "They deserve a chance to live even in this hellhole. And he's taking that away." She looked over at Jenner again, he sat in his chair unmoving. "I'm gonna kill you, you smug son of a bitch!" The commotion had even drawn the attention of those by the door, Daryl and Shane both turned to watch the girl jump at the doctor again, her knife raised as Mason held her back. "It's gonna be slow! And painful! And-"

"Charlie!" Shane shouted, but she pushed against the blue-eyed boy, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I got her." Rick told them. "Keep working on the door." He started towards the girl, she was crying and yelling and punching Mason, but he refused to move. Shane turned and hit the door again, he had never seen his sister like that and he wanted even more to get out of there. Daryl smirked, he knew she had some fight in her, then he turned and started wailing on the door again. "Charlie." Rick came to a stop next to her and Mason, but she kept pushing against the boy and he stumbled back only to stop himself and push her back some more. "Charlie!" Rick shouted, his voice echoing and she stopped, her eyes red and cheeks puffy as her shoulders rose and fell with her shallow breaths. "Listen to me, kid." He stepped closer to her, reaching for her knife. "Killing him won't change anything." He pried the knife from her hand and handed it to Mason. "Okay?"