𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twelve ―― go fish

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twelve ―― go fish

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE HAD HER KNEES pulled up to her chest as she sat on the hood of Mason's truck ― he had lost his mustang not long after the world had turned

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE HAD HER KNEES pulled up to her chest as she sat on the hood of Mason's truck ― he had lost his mustang not long after the world had turned. It was a black pickup that looked like he had seen better days but the engine was in great condition and it did pretty good on gas. She had her chin on her knee as she curled a little farther into herself, her eyes on her brother as she stood a few feet from the group who had all been standing at their cars.

"All right, everybody listen up." Shane got the other's attention. "Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. But let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" He asked, looking around at the group and Charlie moved to rest her forehead on her knees, her eyes squeezed closed and Mason reached over and patted her hands that were laced together in front of her shins. He knew that she was tired, she hadn't slept great the night before. She was tossing and turning and a few times she would groan if she rolled over on her shoulder - it had been a long night. Even for him and Josh, who were both in the tent with the girl - it was a tight squeeze but not too bad. Charlie had spent what time she managed to find comfortable sleep against Mason and he didn't mind.

"We're, uh, We're not going." Morales spoke up and Charlie picked her head and looked over at him and his family, everyone else looked over at them too, but no one said a word.

"We have family in Birmingham." His wife added. "We wanna be with our people."

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane told them.

"We'll take the chance." Morales nodded. "I gotta do what's best for my family."

"You sure?" Rick asked.

"We talked about it." He nodded. "We're sure." Rick nodded before he and Shane bent down towards the bag of guns at their feet, then he walked over and handed the man a gun while Shane handed him the ammo.