𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡

Start from the beginning

"This box is half full." Shane told him as Lori jumped off the hood of Carol's Cherokee and made her way over to hug the women.

"Thank you all, for everything." Morales' wife told them as she hugged Lori and everyone said their goodbyes. Charlie slid off of the black Chevy and limped her way towards them, she hugged Morales, then his wife then she bent down so she was eye level with the kids.

"I'm gonna miss you two." She told them, putting her left hand on the boy's shoulder and her right hand on the girl's shoulder. "You look out for each other, okay?" She asked and they nodded before she pulled them both into a hug, she squeezed them before pulling back and ruffling their hair a little as she stood up.

Everyone loaded into their cars, Charlie in the passenger seat with Josh in the back as Mason followed behind the yellow Cherokee and they got on the road.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "I MISS THE RADIO." Charlie mumbled as she poked at the buttons on the dash. "I miss music."

"Me, too." Mason nodded, glancing at the girl for a moment before looking back at the road. Charlie huffed, growing bored of pushing random buttons then she turned so she was facing Josh and she rested her chin on the back of the seat.

"Wanna play a road trip game?" She asked. "Or any game at all? I have a deck of cards somewhere, we could play Go Fish. Or we could play the fire hydrant game. Oh, or-"

"Now I remember why I hated going on road trips with you." Mason mumbled, shaking his head slightly.

"Mean." She muttered, flicking his ear before she looked back at Josh. "So, whatcha wanna do?"

"I haven't played Go Fish since I was little." He told her. "If you can find that deck of cards."

"On it." She grinned as she turned in her seat and pulled open the glove box, she moved the box that held her knife collection to the side. "Bingo." She mumbled to herself once she was the box of cards and she grabbed them before putting the knives back and closing the glove box. She turned and climbed over the seat, putting her weight on her uninjured arm until she was settled next to Josh in the back seat.

They were a few games in, both were laughing as they joked around and Mason smiled at the two when he'd glance back at them in the rearview mirror. Charlie had a habit of making jokes and keeping things light, that was how she dealt with serious situations, but it had been a while since he had heard an actual laugh from the girl and it was nice. Then Dale honked his horn and they pulled over to the side of the road - the rv's hose was pretty much ruined beyond repair.

Charlie was sitting on the ground, her eyes on the woods in case any walkers came towards them as the others stood around in an almost circle, most looking for any signs of danger while Rick and Dale looked at the rv. Daryl paced and when he walked in front of Charlie she lightly kicked his leg and he stopped and looked down at her. "Sorry about your brother." He squatted down so he was closer to her. "I tried to tell him that you guys were there, too. That we went back for him, but he-"

"No, it's alright." He patted her knee a little. "I'm sorry he did this."

"I'll be fine." She managed a small smile.

"I know." He stood up. "You're tough, princess."

"Seriously, stop calling me that." She kicked his shin and he just smirked as he walked away and she shook her head.

"I see something up ahead." Shane told the others. "A gas station if we're lucky."

"Y'all, Jim-" Jacqui rushed out of the rv, where they had been keeping Jim. "- it's bad. I don't think he can take anymore."