𝐱. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter ten ―― all the time

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter ten ―― all the time

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "THIS IS DEMEANING

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "THIS IS DEMEANING." Charlie mumbled, her arm around Josh's shoulders as he carried her overnight towards the fire pit.

"You can barely walk." He chuckled as he sat the girl on the ground next to Carol and Lori, Shane sat on the other side of the firepit, his worried eyes on his sister. And Dale stood next to Lori, his rifle hanging from his shoulder. "And you don't need to hurt yourself anymore than you already are. So just sit here and wait."

"You have no idea how hard that is for me to do." She grinned as she shifted a little so she was more comfortable and Sophia moved to sit next to her.

"Just, stay here." He told her as he stood up and turned to walk away.

"Been here a few days and he's already bossing me around." Charlie joked, her eyes on the little girl next to her, but she made sure she had spoken loud enough for him to hear her. Josh turned, shaking his head a little as he smiled at the girl, then he went back to helping the others move the bodies – they were separating the bodies of the walkers from the bodies of those they had lost.

Sophia moved a little closer to Charlie when Daryl – who wasn't but a few feet from them – raised a pickaxe above his head. Charlie looked over as he swung it towards the dead body on the ground and she pulled the small girl closer to her, shielding her eyes as the end of the pickaxe went through the person's head – it was precaution. Since he had been bitten if they didn't somehow impale his brain, he's come back as a walker. It was just the way of the world, but Charlie still felt that it was necessary to keep the kids as innocent as possible for as long as possible.

Charlie winched a little when Sophia gripped her torso and the girl pulled back, worried she had hurt the older girl. "Sweetie, be careful, Charlie's hurt."

"No, it's alright." The brunette shook her head, her teeth clenched as she shifted a little. "She just hit a bruise." She took a breath as she looked down at the kid. "I'm okay." She patted her back. "Hey, why don't you go join Carl in the rv, get out of this heat for a little bit?"