𝐢𝐱. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter nine ―― more than gold

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter nine ―― more than gold

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "YOU OKAY?" Rick asked Charlie as he dropped the bag of guns on a desk, the girl was standing behind him with her back to them and her shirt raised slightly as she examined the bruise that was forming in the middle of her ribs, she lightly...

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "YOU OKAY?" Rick asked Charlie as he dropped the bag of guns on a desk, the girl was standing behind him with her back to them and her shirt raised slightly as she examined the bruise that was forming in the middle of her ribs, she lightly poked at the spot before winching in pain. "Charlie?"

"Yeah." She dropped her shirt and turned to face him. "I'm good. What's the plan?" She asked, making her way over to him as he started digging through the bag of guns. "We ain't actually givin' him the guns, are we?"

"Them guns are worth more than gold." Daryl stated before Rick could answer the girl. "Gold won't protect your family or put food on the table. You willin' to give that up for that kid?"

"We can't not get Glenn back." Charlie told him. "Leaving Glenn is not an option." Her eyes settled on Daryl but he just narrowed his eyes at the girl.

"If I knew we'd get him back, I might agree." T-Dog added. "You think that vato across the way is just gonna hand him over?"

"You calling G a lair?" Miguel asked as though it were a ridiculous thought.

Are you a part of this?" Daryl leaned down and smacked the kid in the head. "You wanna hold on to your teeth?" The boy shut up and Daryl stood up straight.

"Question is, do you trust that man's word?" T asked.

"No, the question is, what are you willing to bet on it?" Daryl corrected. "Could be more than them guns. Could be your life. Glenn worth that to you?"

"What life I have I owe to him." Rick told him. "I was nobody to Glenn, just some idiot stuck in a tank. He could've walked away, but he didn't. Neither will I."

"So you're gonna hand the guns over?"

"I didn't say that." Rick shook his head before looking around at the three, his blue eyes lingering on Charlie. "There's nothing keeping you here. You should get out, head back to camp. Take Charlie with you."