Chapter Twelve - "Are you kidding?"

Comenzar desde el principio

To: +1 204 726 3759
Oh, just curious, how'd you get my number?

I went to my contacts and saved the number under Diplo, after doing that I returned back to my texts.

From: Diplo
Scooter. But hey, I wanted to talk about the collab.

To: Diplo
What about skrillex, thought he wanted in on this too?

From: Diplo
Oh he is, he should be texting you soon actually.

Confused, I went to the list of my texts and none were new, or from skrillex. Or so I thought.

From: Unknown number
I'm sure Diplo has already informed you about all the this and that's of our collab?

Again, I saved the number under skrillex and returned to my texts.

To: Skrillex
Uhh, he hasn't actually.

From: Skrillex
Well, hang on a sec.

What the heck? Just then I got added to a group text.

Skrillex: now that we've got the obvious out of the way, how are we going to do this?

Diplo: I was thinking, since me and Skrillex are in the studio together anyways, we could just invite Justin along.

Yeah, I think that would work best.

Skrillex: yeah, except that I'm not going to be in the studio this week. I have to be somewhere in New York.

Diplo: jfc really dude.

Skrillex: not my fault my manager makes surprise concerts.

Alright, where are you Diplo?

Diplo: for the time being, in actually in the studio right now, in cali.

Alright perfect. How about Skrillex, you work on your end of the song while you're in new york, and me and Diplo could just work here in la. Sound good?

Skrillex: sure

Diplo: Yup.

Okay cool, Skrillex when are you leaving?

Skrillex: tomorrow, why?

I could come in today and we can work with what we have?

Skrillex: that would work

Cool

Just as I sent that text, I got a call, again from an unknown number. Shrugging, I answered it.

"Um, hello?" I answered.

"This is Justin Bieber, no?" A lady's voice asked.

Oh no.

"No unfortunately, it isn't," I mumbled.

"Pardon?"

"Yes, this is Justin Bieber," I sighed.

"I'm calling you back to make another appointment with Mr. Lugoto," she said, almost sounding like a robot.

I pointed my fingers at my head, in a gun motion, and pretended to shot myself, making the boom sound.

"Mr. Bieber?"

"Yeah, yup, okay. When exactly is that?"

"Today at noon in his office," she quickly replied.

I pulled the phone back from my ear and checked the time.

11:36am

"It's almost noon, how am I going to make it in time? It's LA for pete's sake," I snarled.

"I'm sorry Mr. Bieber, but that isn't my concern. And Mr. Lugoto doesn't like to be held up," she said before hanging up.

I looked up from my phone and stared into nothingness. Mr. Lugoto sounds like a dick. I can't believe he decided to call me, well his assistant, half an hour before the meeting. Wait, shit, half an hour!

I jumped up from the couch and slipped on my shoes, I was about to step outside when I stopped myself. I could just bail on the meeting again..

"Justin, are you okay? You look like you've been talking to yourself for the last five minutes," Selena said, worry attached to her voice.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine, I just. Wait, did you say five minutes?" I asked.

Selena nodded her head, confusion written on her face. I walked back to the couch and leaned down, as I kissed her cheek. I turned around and waved at her, before walking out the door.

"Mr. Lugoto, pfft, more like mister fucking dickhead," I mumbled, walking to my car.

"Justin Bieber," a man's voice said.

I jumped back and turned around to see a small short man in a black suit. I looked up at the sky. What's he doing wearing a black suit in 80 degrees?

"Uh, yeah," I said, queasy.

"It's alright, Mr. Bieber, I actually take that as a compliment. Don't be nervous," he said in a stern voice.

"Um, it's Justin. And I was just headed to your office," I said, continuing to walk to my car.

"Well, as you can see, I'm standing right here in the accompany of you. So," he shifted his weight to his left side on his black cane, "might as well get this over with."

I quirked my eyebrow and hesitantly nodded.

"We want you to perform at the Billboard Awards. I've been looking at the media recently, and since there's nothing that horrible about you, might give it a shot," he stated.

"What if I said no?" I asked, unsure.

"Well then that would be really unfortunate," he muttered, waving two fingers in the air.

I widened my eyes and ducked down, covering my head with my arms.

"Justin."

I slowly uncovered myself from my ball of protection, which wasn't really all that foolproof. I looked up at Mr. Lugoto and he had a bodyguard beside him with car keys in his hand. Oh.

I awkwardly stood up, "sorry."

"This isn't a mafia movie Justin," Mr. Lugoto retorted.

I inwardly cursed at myself and nodded.

"Anyways, think about it," he said, before walking to the car and laughing.

Fml.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on the group text with Skrillex and Diplo before typing out a text and sending it.

To: Group
Can't come in today actually, got threatened by potential mafia leader.

_________

So as you can probably tell this was a short filler chapter but I just wanted to put something out for you lovelies. And s/o to the one person who voted on a chapter after my a/n ayyyyyy. So this information was important and yeah, see you next chapter loves. Keep voting pleeaaase and I'd love to read your feedback.

Bye my lovelies :)