Meeting Alexis

One day while Alexis is out under a slide in the shade drawing she notices six kids coming over to her.

"Hi. Are you new at school?" A boy with light brown hair asks.

"Yea I am." Alexis says.

"Whats your name?" A girl with red hair asks.

"Alexis Hathaway but everyone just calls me Alex for short." Alexis says.

"Well it's nice to meet you Alex I'm T.J. Detweiler." The kid with brown hair says.

"Im Mikey Blumberg hope your first day has been good so far Alexis." A tall kid in a white shirt says.

"Its nice meet you I'm Gretchen Grundler." The girl with red hair says.

"Cool a new kid at school. Im Vince LaSalle. I think you'll like going here Alexis." A kid with dark hair says.

"I'm Spinelli it's good to meet you Alex." A girl with black hair says.

"I'm Gus Griswald and it's nice to meet you." A kid with glasses says.

"Why are you sitting over here all by yourself?" Mikey asks.

"Haven't really made any friends yet so I decided to sit some place in the shade and draw in my sketch book." Alexis says shyly.

"Well you got some friends now. You wanna come play kick ball with us?" T.J. asks.

"If it's ok I'd like to just sit and get used to this new school first. I'll play tomorrow promise." Alexis says.

"Alright then well if you need us or need help with anything we'll be playing kick ball." T.J. says as he and the others except for Gus start walking.

"You coming Gus?" Vince asks.

"I'm gonna sit and stay with Alexis if you guys don't care." Gus says.

"Alright suit yourself well see you later." Spinelli says as she and the others leave. Gus then sits down besides Alexis under the slide.

"So what are you drawing?" Gus asks.

"Oh um I was drawing a dove but I don't think it's very good." Alexis says as she shows Gus her drawing.

"You kidding it's amazing better than I could do anyway. So where did you live before you came here?" Gus asks.

"Far away from here now I live with my aunt." Alexis says.

"Do you see your parents often?" Gus asks.

"No they died when I was really young." Alexis says sadly.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know." Gus says.

"No it's ok I honestly don't mind talking about it I haven't really talked about it with anybody except for you. I feel ok around you." Alexis says.

"Well I'm glad I didn't make you hate me for asking." Gus says.

"You couldn't make me hate you by doing something like that. Besides you didn't know so I'm not gonna blame you for that." Alexis says.

"Hey I have a cookie from lunch you wanna split it?" Gus asks.

"Sure." Alexis says as Gus hands her half a cookie.