Chapter 45 - Second Trial Prep

Start from the beginning

"Yes. Okay." Lori nods.

"Great!" Lena smiles, "Let's do that."

Kara, Lena and Lori then proceed to go about doing exactly as Lena said, helping the 7-year-old get ready to bed, and tucking her in, with Kara then saying goodnight to her daughter, as Lena takes her position next to the young girl.

"Night, night, mommy." Lori says.

"Goodnight, baby. I love you." Kara says.

"I love you too." Lori replies.

Kara then takes a step to leave the room, but she is soon interrupted by Lena speaking up.

"Kara?" Lena says.

"Yeah?" Kara replies, turning back around to look at her girlfriend.

"If I fall asleep in here, can you please make sure to wake me. I'm serious." Lena says, "I do still need to do a bit more work before I go to sleep. If I don't, it will screw me over for a bunch of meetings tomorrow, and I'll have to get up at like 5AM."

"Yes. Okay." Kara nods, "I promise I'll come wake you up if you fall asleep."

"Thank you." Lena smiles.

Kara then leaves the room, allowing Lena and Lori to have their alone time together.

"So, what did you do in school today, darling?" Lena asks.

"Hmmm.... Nothing special." Lori replies, "I don't want to talk about school though."

"Alright." Lena nods, as she notices Lori snuggle further into the bed, "What do you want to talk about then?"

"Uhhhmmm..... I don't know." Lori says, in a more tired voice.

Lena knows that it won't be long until Lori falls asleep now, she just has to make sure that she doesn't end up falling asleep with the 7-year-old.

"How about I just tell you about my day? And everything I did?" Lena suggests, not knowing what else to talk about, especially as nothing they talk about will really mean anything right now, as Lori is clearly too tired to have a serious conversation or anything.

"Kay." Lori mumbles.

"Alright." Lena says.

Lena then proceeds to tell Lori about her day, and as she does, Lori snuggles closer to her side, until she is eventually resting her head on Lena's side. A few moments after this, about 4 minutes into Lena talking about her day, Lori has completely fallen asleep.

Once Lena notices that Lori is asleep, she stops speaking of course, not wanting to wake the 7-year-old up, but instead of getting out of the bed right away, and getting on with her work, she just continues to lay there for a little while, admiring the 7-year-old, and thinking about how much she loves her. Lena thinks about how she would love this type of thing to just become normal. Admittedly, Lena would like to come home from work earlier. But on nights that she just physically can't come home early, Lena would love to just have evenings like this, where she can put Lori to bed, and have a little chat with her, as the young girl falls asleep. It truly is a special moment, and makes the brunette very much think about her future with Kara and Lori.

Eventually, after about 5 more minutes of laying there with Lori, Lena actually begins to feel herself almost fall asleep. Lena knows this is a dangerous game, as part of her does want to give in, and just thinks that maybe she will shut her eyes for a few moments just to relax. However, Lena knows that if she does that, she will likely just fall asleep completely for the next few hours, as she seriously does not actually trust Kara to wake her, even though she promised. Lena thinks that Kara might just end up coming up with an excuse claiming her sleeping well being is more important than her work or something. So, with all this in mind, and Lena knowing that she still has to do some work, the CEO slowly, and carefully gets up from the bed, making sure not to wake Lori, and then creeps out of the room, putting the door to behind her.