v. painted kisses - jo

couldn't find a jo gif that was small enough for me to upload onto wattpad, so no jo gif today unfortunately </3

☆

member : jo
genre : romance

          "YOU'VE GOT SOME paint on your face angel." Jo leaned in towards you from his canvas. "Right there." He pointed. 

You could feel your cheeks heating up as you attempted to rub the stain off your face. "Did I get it?" 

He shook his head. "Stay still for me." He softly grabbed your face and brushed his fingers across your cheek, his eyes widening as he did so. 

"What?" 

"I might've made it a little...worse." He sheepishly admitted as he scanned your face. 

"Jo!" You gasped in shock before scrambling to grab your phone, another gasp leaving your lips as you saw the large smudge of purple across your cheek. 

"I'm sorry! I'll go grab a napkin or a towel I promise-"

"You're not going anywhere." You dipped your thumb into your paint before dotting his cheeks in blue, a red tint coming across his face. "Now we're matching." 

He raised an eyebrow before countering back at you, quickly dabbing a bit of yellow on your nose making you feign a fake gasp. "You've got paint on your nose, angel." He teased as he leaned down at you. 

"You've got paint on your chin, angel." You mocked as you splashed a bit of red on his chin. 

"It's on!" 

You let out a scream as he quickly covered his hands in paint before chasing you, you doing the same as the two of you slowly covered each other in different colors as you chased each other around the room. You laughed as you ran from him around your now forgotten canvases, your mind too distracted with entertainment as you slipped and started heading towards the floor. 

Jo rushed to you quickly and steadied you before you could come crashing to the ground, hurriedly turning you to face him as his smile had been wiped off with clear worry painted across his face. "Maybe we should stop..." He said as he brushed off a bit of paint that covered your lower lip. "I don't want you getting hurt." The world seemed to come to a stop as he stared deeply at you in concern, his eyes flickering between your paint covered lips making your breath hitch. "Are you okay?" 

You shook your head. "No." 

His grip on your shoulders tightened as his eyes widened. "What's wrong?!" 

You playfully rolled your eyes at your boyfriends obliviousness. "What's wrong is you haven't kissed me yet. You can't just keep looking at my lips like that and just walk away." 

His cheeks flushed as he listened to your words, his eyes flickering down to your lips once again. "You want me to?" 

"I thought that was obvious." You barely had enough time to finish your sentence before he gently grabbed your chin and softly placed his lips against yours, his face almost as red as yours as he pulled away. 

"Like that?"

You nodded. "But now you've got paint on your lips." 

"Was this all just a plan to get more paint on me?" He smiled as he raised an eyebrow in question. 

"Maybe...but did it work?" You teased back. 

"I don't know, maybe we'll have to test your plan again." 

- february 1st, 2023