21.

Laya woke up before Neteyam, and she immediately sat up. She looked down at Neteyam and saw their braids still connected. She separated the braids and looked at Neteyam's wound. Luckily he didn't move in his sleep and reopen his stitches. She checked how the wound was healing and saw that it was still pretty deep, but it was getting better.

Neteyam opened his eyes as he felt Laya separate the two's braid. "Hey-" He grumbled, rubbing his eyes. He attempted to sit up, but quickly gave up when he felt the pain reverberate through him.

"Looks like you're on bed rest" She shrugged.

He groaned and squeezed her leg. "Stay with me in bed why don't you-"

She sighed. "I can't- I have things to do. Clothes to sew, skills to learn."

He sighed and moved his head to the side so it rested against the arm she used to prop herself up. He kissed it and sighed, his eyes closing again.

She kissed his forehead. "Sleep 'teyam- I'll be here when you wake up."

He grumbled against her skin but quickly fell back asleep. She smiled looking down at him but looked at his clothes. She wrinkled her nose and moved off the bed. Neteyam immediately shifted and tried to grab her arm again but gave up when he felt it leave. She grabbed the thread she used before and started weaving him new bottoms so he could ditch the blood soaked ones.

"Laya-" He grumbled again, sick of sleeping and now attempting to sit up. He propped himself up on his elbow and looked at her on the floor.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked her.

She looked up at him and felt a small smile from on her face. "Making you new bottoms- those are disgusting."

He looked down, then nodded. "Is my bleeding gross to you?" He looked at her and smiled. "I'm kidding. They are gross." She returned back to her weaving.

He let out a huff. "I've been awake for two seconds and I'm already bored." He collapsed back on the bed.

She laughed. "I'll try and get things for you to do. I'm sure Neytiri has things that you can help with."

He groaned. "I was supposed to teach you how to shoot today.."

Laya shrugged. "Someone else will help me." She walked over to him and handed him the new bottoms. "Just rest Neteyam. I'll get us some breakfast okay?"

He nodded and held the new bottoms she made him. "What am I supposed to do with these?"

She motioned to the ones he was currently wearing. "Put them on?"

He scoffed. "I have a wound going down my chest! I can't do it by myself."

She looked at the expression on his face and rolled her eyes. "Fine-" She grabbed it out of his hands. Then she slipped his current ones off and put the new ones on.

"All good?"

He nodded.

She smiled and went to go to the living room when she heard a groan behind her.

"Laya-" He whispered, and held a hand to his wound. She immediately rushed back and looked at the wound.

"What's wrong?" She asked, a worried look falling over her face.

A smile grew on his face as he raised his hand to the side of her cheek and kissed her. "I just wanted to kiss you.."

She felt relief fall over her and she backed up from him.

"That scared me! I'll be quick- I promise." He smiled as he watched her smile at him and walk out of the room.

He looked back at his wound and sighed. Why did he have to go and get cut? What a buzzkill.