10.

The next morning Laya woke up and rubbed her eyes. She looked next to her and saw Neteyam still asleep. She smiled and pecked his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned when he realized how bright it was. He tightened his grip on Laya and pulled her back towards him. Laya laughed but moved his arm off of her. He groaned but kept his eyes closed. Laya kissed his forehead and moved out of the bed. Neteyam felt the loss of heat and opened his eyes.

"Where're you going?" He said, his voice heavily accented and raspy. Laya changed into new clothes. "To go get breakfast-" She put on her top and looked up at him. "You want anything?" Neteyam laid motionless in bed.

"You.. to come back.." He mumbled into the bed. Laya rolled her eyes and smirked at him.

"I'll get you something- any preferences?" Neteyam grumbled into his pillow and closed his eyes again, falling asleep.

Laya chuckled at him and fixed her hair. Then she opened the door out to the living room. She saw Neytiri steaming some Teylu and Kiri setting down some berries. Laya yawned and stretched.

"Good morning-" She said to nobody in particular. Neytiri looked up and smiled, waving her over.

"Come help me with the Teylu Rolayea-" She looked behind Laya and furrowed her eyebrows. "Is Neteyam still in bed?" Laya nodded and sat down next to Neytiri, helping with preparing breakfast.

"Yeah. Yesterday was.. a lot." Neytiri nodded. "It definitely was."

Neytiri finished with the steaming and put it on a plate. She handed it to Laya. "Can you bring this to him? He needs to eat, especially after yesterday." Laya nodded and grabbed it, also grabbing her own plate full of food too.

As she got up and left the room, she yelled back to Neytiri. "Thank you!"

She opened the door and stepped in. Neteyam immediately smelled the food and opened his eyes. He sat up and looked at Laya holding two plates.

"You got two plates for me? You're so kind." He said sarcastically. Laya rolled her eyes and set one down on the bed in front of him, then started to eat while she was standing. Neteyam started eating his breakfast, grateful that he didn't even have to get out of bed for food. He finished the last of his food and let out a gratified sigh.

"That was good. Thanks for getting it" He stood up and faced Laya, who was eating the last of her food. He put his hands on her waist and brought her closer. She was still holding the plate so she looked at him confused. Nodding, she swallowed the last of her food. Before she was able to respond, Neteyam grabbed her plate and put it on his.

He put the plates on his stand, moving them out of the way.

He leaned into her ear and whispered. "Thanks for last night.." She felt a small blush fall across her face, but she just smirked at him.

"Of course-" She looked up to him.

He leaned down and kissed the tip of her nose. She smiled at him and started walking backwards, closer and closer to the bed. Neteyam smiled at her as he walked her backwards. He set her down on the bed and hovered above her. She bit down on her lip and looked up at him, waiting anxiously. He smirked at her and kissed her lightly.

She brought her hands behind his neck and forced him forward. Then she wrapped her legs around his waist, seeing as he was still standing and she was on the bed. She deepened the kiss and brought her hands up through his hair.

He leaned his head back from hers and smiled down at her.

"I-" He started, but just leaned in and kissed her again.