Chapter 2: The Other Side of the Door

En başından başla

"Marriage?"

"Yes. Since you are my mate. We will have to marry. But let me tell you, the wedding will be according to my taste. Elite and graceful. Just like me."

"Wait wait! Can we go back to me being your mate?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah? What yeah? I am your what?"

"My mate. Tsk... do you have hearing problem? Hmm... we'll get that checked before our marriage."

Daeun had enough of Jin. She abruptly rose to her feet and gripped the glass table, glaring at the hybrid.

"I don't know what you think I am but I am not marrying you!"

Jin's furry ears ploped down to protect his sensitive ears from her loud tone. He was quite offended by her tone. He too rose to his feet and matched her eye level.

"This isn't something even I want but unfortunately we are fated to be together. So why not make a contract marriage?"

"Contract marriage? My foot! Just because you the son of the Kim's, doesn't mean that I will entertain your nonsense!"

Jin gasped and palmed his chest dramatically before squinting his eyes at the woman.

"Did you just call me nonsense? How dare you? Do you even know who you are talking to? I am Kim Seok-Jin! The rarest hybrid in this country! You should be honored to be my mate and here you are calling my suggestions nonsense? Huh?!"

Jin's nose was flaring with anger while Da-eun's let out a sarcastic chuckle before snapping a glare at the hybrid.

"Honored? Huh... you are seriously suffering from narcissism, aren't you? Just because you have all the wealth in the world doesn't mean you can order me around! I work for this hotel not for you. Don't try to contact me ever again!"

Daeun warned before storming away from the private booth. She was relieved that all this drama was done in the private soundproof booth rather than the open restaurant where the guest were present. She tried to maintain a facade on her face and composure as walked through the restaurant, so that no one could sense the oozing anger in her body. Anyhow she made it to her office.

Present

"What even..."

Daeun huffed once again before drinking the cold water to calm her down. She really was annoyed at the hybrid. Just because he was a rare hybrid didn't mean he was the ruler of the world. She tried to shake the thought away by immersing herself in work.

Kim Mansion

Jin was laying on the bed, his mind wondering around his conversation with his mate. Now that his anger had calmed down, he understood why she reacted that way. It was a completely normal reaction to get from a human if they are told that they are a hybrid's mate. He felt guilty scaring her but that didn't mean he was fine with the tone she spoke to him. Jin was brought out of his thoughts when he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Young master? Sir is asking for your presence."

The butler spoke in a very hushed manner. The hybrid's eyes widened in surprise but the happiness took over it. Jin ran towards his huge mirror and checked his appearance. He comb his hair and straightened his attire. He hurried out of the room and climbed down the stairs but slowed down and took each step elegantly.

Jin took a deep breath when he was outside his father's drawing room. He softly knocked and opened the door to find his father and brother present in the room. Suho's mother had passed away before Jin was adopted. He quietly stood in front of his father's desk, tugging on his sweet smile. The man glanced at the young hybrid before looking back at the file he was reading.

"Seok-Jin."

"Yes dad?"

"Your spending bills are here."

Jin's smile fell replacing it by a small sad pout. He waited for the old man to continue. Su-Jin gazed at the hybrid before closing the file. He placed his hands on the table and leaned forward.

"You spent one billion won in the last... three days..."

Jin's shoulders slump down in sadness. The clear tone of disappointment in the older man's voice wasn't something Jin was new to but it was something he never got used to. The hybrid's ears drooped down and his bushy tail unmoved.

"Where did you spent all this money?"

Su-Jin asked but the hybrid didn't dare to meet his eyes. How could he? He wasn't proud of his spending either. He recalled his past few days. He bit his bottom lip sheepishly as he remembered where spent it.

First, he had spent almost ten to twenty million won on just the latest edition of Louis Vuitton outfits. Then, the next day, he brought a new car Porsche. And then last night, at the club, he paid the bills of every customer because he was feeling generous.

Su-jin sighed impatiently waiting for Jin to answer. The hybrid tried his best to gather all his courage and speak but stayed silent when he heard his brother speak up instead.

"Dad... it's okay. He is young. Let him enjoy his life."

"But there is always a limit to everything Suho. We could have used that money in more valuable ways rather than him spending it wildly like a brat!"

Jin flinched at the sudden increase in Su-Jin's voice. His father wasn't like this before. Jin wasn't like this either. Suho tried to calm his father down, gesturing Jin to leave to which the hybrid disheartenly walked out of the room. He closed the door and leaned on the wall next to it, listening to the argument between his hyung and father. The hybrid quietly walked away, pacing back to his lonely bedroom. He slumped on the bed and closed his eyes, not to sleep but to remember his happy childhood. Where he, dad and hyung were truly a happy family.

"I wish... I wish I could go back in time..."