20. Competition

"You didn't have to curse him out." Enyo held a pack of cold green beans to Luke's black eye.

    "Well the bastard didn't have to fight like a feral pussy," Luke spat.

    Enyo rolled her eyes and pressed the beans harder. Luke hissed, "whoa there Eagle! Not so hard!"

    "You're ridiculous," Enyo grumbled and shoved the beans in Luke's hand. "Ever since he came here you've been actin' like you have a stick shoved up your ass. He's not so bad."

    "And you've been all over him. Probably fucked him too," Luke grumbled.

    "Excuse you?"

    "You can't trust him, Enyo. He's an outsider!"

    Enyo jumped to her feet. "First off, he is a valuable tool for the Scouts. You saw him today. He wiped the floor with you. Do you not remember that he decapitated a titan on his first expedition after like a single day of training? The man is a monster. So yeah, I trust him. How many titans have you killed on your own, Luke? And secondly, I can fuck whoever the hell I want and that has nothing to do with you."

    Luke grabbed Enyo's arm tightly. "So you have fucked him?"

    "Is that all you heard?" Enyo exasperatedly said. She tugged herself free from Luke's grip and opened the door to the hallway. "You're being absurd, Luke. Get your head on right and and pull that stick outa' your ass. Make sure to wipe too."

    "Enyo—"

    The door slammed shut behind Enyo and she stalked down the hall back out to the training field. Enyo grumbled about how stupid Luke was the entire way outside and only stopped when she returned to the fighting soldiers, watching Mike and Levi.

Levi did flips around Mike, who stood sturdy and blocked any advance that Levi tossed his direction. Enyo had been in that position before. Mike was tough, but if she managed to get him to take a step, then he was close to losing focus. Which, when Mike stepped backward away from Levi, Enyo shook her head with a grin.

She knew Mike way too well.

Levi got his in and pressed the knife against Mike's neck. They stepped back from each other and nodded, like some sort of bro code nod, before looking around the rest of the training soldiers for a new opponent.

Levi bobbed his head at Enyo.

She rolled her eyes and whispered to herself, "'Hey Enyo, you wanna fight with me?' 'Sure, Levi. I'd love to. That'd be awesome, Levi.'"

"Sarcasm doesn't fit you," Levi observed. He held the knife and Enyo told him he can have it this time.

Erwin stood back with folded arms and watched them. Erwin's jaw was clenched when he analyzed the woman who crouched ever so slightly and when the blade got within her reach, she vaulted to the side.

Levi tossed the knife to his other hand. Enyo briskly latched her arm around his wrist and launched herself around his neck, twisting about him like some sort of choreographed dance. He stumbled as Enyo snacked her way around him with a leg tugging his arm back until it was useless.

They dropped.

Enyo heaved for air when Levi wrung his hand tightly on her thigh and she slammed a handful of dirt on his face. She clonked him on the side of the head and he growled.

"You're not the only flexible one," he hissed when he pinned her legs down with his.

Enyo laughed and tried to squirm her way out like a bird trying to escape a cat. She'd definitely have bruises on her thigh and wrist and when she freed a leg, Levi flipped them over and slammed her back into the ground.

He loomed over her and pressed the knife against her throat. "Be careful there, Little Eagle."

Enyo closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and relaxed. Her heart raced and sticky sweat slicked off of them when Levi hopped off her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Get you a man who can...

Leave a vote and comment!