19. Tip-top Shape

"You're not serious," Enyo held back a fit of laughter with a vibrant red face. She clutched her ODM gear in one hand and her stomach in the other.

    "I smelled woman on him."

    The fissure in Enyo's throat burst and she erupted in laughter. "Mike there is no way you smelled a woman on Erwin! You can't smell that kind of thing."

    Mike had such a serious gaze as he buckled his belt. "I did."

    "There's no way. Erwin doesn't even have a woman and he wouldn't stoop so low as to see the Night Ladies."

    "I smelled what I smelled," Mike said.

    "There's one way to settle this annoying conversation." Levi tightened the laces on his boots. Enyo and Mike waited patiently for Levi to continue. "Ask him."

    "No way am I asking."

    Mike raised his hands defensively and Levi stood. "Then stop actin' like fools."

    Mike turned his attention to the door and in walked Erwin. He walked toward his post and pulled off his gear and looked at his squad, who peered at him with wide, questioning eyes. "What?"

    "How was your day yesterday?" Enyo asked.

    "Full of paperwork," Erwin dryly commented. "But I did go out with Sal in the evening."

    The three lackey's looked at each other. Enyo shook her head and Mike took a step back. Levi rolled his eyes and cleared his throat. "Sal a woman?"

    "Yeah," Erwin pursed while he tightened a strap.

    "What?" Enyo snorted loudly. "There's a woman?"

    "That is not important. Are you all ready?" Erwin gave a curt, dismissing nod and Enyo followed with puffed cheeks. Mike tugged on her braid and she jabbed at his side. Levi shook his head and walked past them, falling right next to Erwin.

    It was quite comical seeing the squad walk together. Erwin, a giant of a man, standing next to tiny Levi, and an even larger hulk of a man, Mike, walking next to a tinier Enyo? The squad was clearly made up of strength and speed, and fortunately, they all worked well together.

    Levi had come a long way in just the few short days that he'd worked one on one with Enyo. He was starting to adopt minor military moves and even took some advice about not wasting gas, to which literally everyone was happy about. Of course, he called it a special move when he used his gas and Enyo would roll her eyes and simply say, "if that makes you think you'll live longer, what the hell, do it."

    Section Commander Dirk's squad was joining them for training for the day, and Enyo was excited to be with Luke and Dieter for a change. Of course, at meal times, Luke had become more and more grumpy, so she was excited to beat him till he told her what was wrong.

    "Hey, Little Eagle," Luke greeted.

    They were doing one on one combat training. Once a month the Scouts trained like this. Erwin said if it were up to him, he'd cut hand combat completely out of their training, but to each their own. Commander Zacharias wanted it, so they did it.

    "You and me," Enyo said. She walked next to Luke to a corner of the facility and she grinned. "Who wants to be the bad guy?"

    "I'll do it," Luke huffed.

    "This is just like when we were in the Cadet Corps," Enyo commented when Luke stretched. They got ready, and then Luke ran at Enyo.

    She took a step back and dropped to the ground. Luke's blunt blade swung over her head as she launched herself like a bullet up and wrapped her arm and leg around his neck. Her other leg held his weaponized arm in place.

    "You didn't even try," Enyo whined and plopped on the ground. "Come on, Luke."

    Enyo held the knife now, and charged him. Luke's long arm reached out and pushed unnaturally against Enyo's arm and she hissed. Her feet dug into the ground and she spun herself around, a leg propelling through the air and hooking the side of Luke's face.

    "Really, Enyo?" Luke grabbed his jaw.

    "You're not taking this seriously." Enyo handed the blade to him.

    "There's no use," he rolled his eyes, "We're fighting titans, not humans."

    Enyo didn't believe what she heard. Luke was the one who was serious about everything in the Cadet Corps. Why would he suddenly decide that it wasn't worth it? Enyo grumbled and motioned for him to fight her.

    "Enyo!" Erwin called. Luke and Enyo stopped in their place as Erwin approached. "You are my opponent now."

    "Sir," Enyo said and nodded at Levi as he walked past with extremely narrow eyes aimed right at Luke.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

They're dragging Levi into their theatrics...gotta love Mike and Enyo.

Leave a vote and comment!