left out; dreamnotfound

prompt: trio never work out
tw/ angst. a lot of angst

sapnap was so excited to live with his two best friends. he didn't care about the other two dating, in fact he was proud of them!

they didn't really ignore him, more so the fans leaving him out. but in person, dream and sapnap hung out a lot, and even george would join occasionally on facetime.

they never had any problems until george moved in.

at first, everything was fine. the trio played a lot of video games (mostly minecraft), went out together, and just chilled. there was time where sapnap felt like the third wheel, like whenever the others wanted to cuddle or be lovey dovey with each other. it never bothered him though.

at least it didn't, until a couple months later.

sapnap woke up from an amazing nap. he knew dream and george wanted to stream, so he got up to get ready. as he passed by the streaming room though, he heard loud laughs.

he checked his phone to see george was live. and they didn't text sapnap to see if he was still joining.

he shrugged it off, thinking they probably checked on him and saw he was asleep. so he forgot about it.

the next incident happened a week later. they made plans to go to the mall together. sapnap looked forward to it! he wanted to check out hot topic since there was new merch and wanted to get more shoes. he got dressed then went out to the living room.

he waited on his phone, before calling out for the pair.

"cmon! i'm ready to leave!"

there was no response, so sapnap went to check on them. they were nowhere to be found. their rooms was empty, and when he checked the garage and driveway, empty as well.

he texted dream to see if they left without him.

dre: oh shit sry u were sleeping n george n i were ready sorry sappy

sapnap rolled his eyes as he went back to his room. he took off his shoes and laid in his bed. looking at the ceiling, he began to wonder.

are they starting to forget about me? do they not want me around anymore? am i annoying to them?

sapnap ignored the pair knocking on the door when they got home and went back to sleep angrily,

after that, he just stayed in his room. dream nor george bothered to check on him. not even for the first two weeks.

it hurt sapnap a lot, considering they were supposed to be his best friends. especially dream, who've been there since he was 10, long before they met george.

sapnap rolled over one night to check his phone. he saw george was live, so he clicked on it.

he saw the chat asking for him, and george looked up at dream.

"they're asking for sapnap, isn't he with karl?"

dream shrugged, "probably. or with his family. he haven't been home in weeks."

sapnap felt his heart break. his own best friends thought he weren't even home, but out of the house. which weren't even true in the slightest.

then he saw a message from karl.

karlos: hey dude, wru? dream and george jus said u were w me and obvs that's not true lmao

sap: im home actually. been in my room for the past month, the two fuckers doesn't even care to check on me.

karl instantly called the other after reading the message.

"are you okay, sap?"

sapnap began to cry for the first time since the mall incident. "no! they've been leaving me out, and at first i thought it's just because they didn't want to wake me up, but then they did it again. so i decided to stay in my room to see if they'll notice i'm not coming out and look where we at!"

"sap- i think you should come visit me for a while. i'll come down to get you, so i can have a talk to the two dunderheads. but only if you're comfortable with that."

"sure, thank you, karl."

sapnap drove to the airport two days later to pick up karl then drove them back to the dream team house.

upon entering the house, dream and george looked up from their phone.

"oh hi sapnap and karl!" dream smiled as he stood up to greet the two. "how were your trip, sap?"

"i never left my room. you woudlve knew that if you came to check on me instead of being engrossed with each other," sapnap informed. he watched as dream and george faces turned red as they looked down toward the floor.

"you guys have a lot of making up to do. if i was sapnap, i wouldn't forgive you guys for a long time. you guys are his best friends, his roommates. you have a lot of thinking to do, while sap come with me for real this time," karl added with a disappointed face, his arms crossed.

"i'm sorry-" george began, and sapnap stopped him.

"i don't want to hear it. i've been waiting for you guys to check on me. i mean, i thought you guys would never leave me out. but while thinking, i realized... i cant count on you guys. no wonder why all the fans made those 'dnf leaving sapnap out' clips and stuff. but it's okay, i have myself and that's all that matter.

i don't know if i'll ever come back to live with you guys again, or be able to trust you again. it'll take a lot. but who knows. maybe you can find a way to convince me that you guys won't leave me out. until then, i'll stay with karl or my parents. bye."

sapnap and karl left, and the pair still in the house stood quietly. they thought about what their best friend just said, and they felt horrible.

they figured sapnap wouldn't care. he was asleep everytime they made plans, and he was a pain in the ass whenever they try to wake him up.

dream was first to let some tears slip out. he slowly made his way to the couch, and george wrapped his arms around him.

"we... i fucked up. i don't wanna lose him. i love him, he's my brother. i'm the worst friend ever. i took him for granted."

"hey, hey, it was also my fault. i was the one who said to not wait for sapnap. i'm sorry, but we'll figure out a way to win back his trust, okay? this house is not meant for just us two, it's the dream team house," george whispered, trying to comfort the other.

but honestly, he didn't know if that was true. he knew the pain of leaving out someone in a trio is the worst, and he felt horrible for leaving out sapnap- who were his best friend.

but there was no doubt in his mind, he will get his best friend back.

-------

part two?

anyway eat some food and drink some water! i love you guys <3